• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Castle Creations Talon 90 ESC

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
What do you guys think about the Castle Creations Talon 90 ESC? Need some candid feedback on them. Thinking about using it on my T-Clips. I know it is overkill, but that is exactly what I need -overkill for safety reasons. If the Talon doesn't have a bulletproof reputation, I will have to use an external BEC. I already plan on using a Scorpion Backup System as well for safety measures.

Thanks!

Frank

gyro

GSN Contributor
What do you guys think about the Castle Creations Talon 90 ESC? Need some candid feedback on them. Thinking about using it on my T-Clips. I know it is overkill, but that is exactly what I need -overkill for safety reasons. If the Talon doesn't have a bulletproof reputation, I will have to use an external BEC. I already plan on using a Scorpion Backup System as well for safety measures.

Thanks!

Frank

I have two of them. One in my recently repaired 58" Edge; the Talon 90 actually came from Brian Strachan and was the one he used during the 3DRCF-38 competition. If it can handle 4 HV Hitec HS-7245MG servos and the Motrolfly 4315-500 on full throttle nearly the whole flight, it's good enough for me:
[video=youtube;C0Btjjeoing]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Btjjeoing[/video]

The second is going into the HH Beast 60E we ordered a while ago, and are still waiting to receive.

Either way, I'd recommend it without hesitation.

-G

Feral

I run 1 in a Trex 550DFC I'm rough on the sticks ( zero collective management ) and it hasn't blown. 300 odd flights Since new