Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Champion Model Aircraft Company??

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Stevendavis, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Any one know anything about this company. I've googled it and found nothing. I've got a 1/5th scale cub kit from them and it doesn't look like they had any plastic parts for their kits back then. I might be able to get some Sig parts to fit, ie, windows and cowl. Or maybe some hanger 9 parts??

Attached Files:

WMcNabb likes this.
  2. I knew I seen this plane kit before. Check the Fiberglass Specialties web site. The cowl is listed under Davey Systems/Champion in their cowls and accessories section. I would tend to believe the windshield was cut from flat plastic.

3. I'll check them out. And thank you!

4. found it!!

TonyHallo likes this.
  5. I love it when a plan comes together.:)

Stevendavis, dhal22 and AKNick like this.

6. Wasn't able to log in at all yesterday. Don't know what was up! I found the Flying Models Magazine, September 86 issue. It's got the 6 page construction article on this plane. The construction book isn't all that great, more like a quick read pamphlet. So the article should be a great help, as I like lots of pictures!!!

TonyHallo and pawnshopmike like this.
  7. Cowl showed up today!

Attached Files:

pawnshopmike likes this.
  8. Good to hear, winter project?

Stevendavis likes this.
  9. Yep,
    Still have some things to work out with it. I'll probably install a lighting system and this one my have a DLE instead of electric.

WMcNabb and AKNick like this.
  10. Magazine showed up!

Attached Files: