• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Club flying contest?

Trying to come up with some ideas to present to the club for a contest day at our field. Something angled more towards more the .40 sized trainer, but could be done with anything really.

Any recommendations?

I was thinking limbo, spot landing, and I'm outta ideas. lol

Climb for a set amount of time then kill the motor. Time the flight from the time the motor is killed and whoever has the longest flight with a safe landing on the runway wins

sweetpea

100cc
At my old club we did the following

-fly around and land within 3 mins. The judge randomly drew times based on your name and whoever got closest to their time without going over won.

-we rubber banded a bolt to the top of the plane and put a nut with a streamer. Take off and drop the nut closest to the target. Oh, and you have to do one loop before you can drop it.

-4-5 min timeline. must land and get both wheels in a box before you takeoff again. Most successful attempts wins.

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Timed event... timer start, "take off, split ess turn, 3 rolls, 2 loops, stall turn, land to a complete stop". time recorded....

Last edited:

garlandk

100cc
Here is a good one but only with glow planes these days

Tx airplane and starting equipment on one side of runway and you have to run across the runway start your plane take off do a loop and roll and land. Fastest to do this wins.

1 minute
Take off and pilot flies around and has to do a roll loop and spin. After that he lands when he thinks the the time is 1 minute. Closes to 1 min wins

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The bomb drop with the washer and streamer was always a gas at my old field. You usually had at least one or two that flew right into the ground while watching where their washers went.