• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

CONTEST TIME!! - Custom Sanding Blocks!!

SleepyC

150cc
CALLING ALL BUILDERS! CALLING ALL BUILDERS! HERE YE HERE YE!
This contest is for you!

GSN member Cbarnes (Christopher Barnes) makes BEAUTIFUL custom sanding blocks and sells them for very reasonable prices. And he has donated TWO full sets for TWO of you to win! (Edited from 1 set to 2! HOW AWESOME!)
WHAT!?! YES!
How cool is that!

Let's take a look at these bad boys!

contest1.jpg
contest2.jpg
contest3.jpg

Specs
All made of solid Oak
10" long for the large one
5" long for the small one.
Each had 2 coats of clear polyurethane.
Sand paper wraps around being clamped in place with the top block using 10-32 wing nuts. This makes it so you do not need to use spray adhesive to hold the paper to the blocks and if dropped the corners wont bend like the aluminum ones.

IF you don;t want to wait to win and you are interested in buying some members can contact me through PM for my email.
Prices include shipping
$10 for the small one
$15 for the large one
$20 for the pair

OK... Builders how do you win? Just make a post below telling us what you would use these sanding blocks for. Sunday night (3/1) at 9pm I'll create a poll with the top 10 posts (Chosen by me :D ) and like we did before we will let you guys choose the actual winners!!! 24 hour poll so 9pm Monday the #1 and #2 positions will be the winners!

SO... IF YOU WON THESE BLOCKS HOW WOULD YOU MAKE USE OF THEM?!?!
LET'S HEAR IT! AND THANK YOU CBARNES FOR THE SUPPORT!!

Last edited:

sweetpea

100cc
My Meister Scale 102 in FW190D9 in captured Russian colours! It needs some sanding! It is partially built but I've decided to redo the wings, tailwheel section and add the fiberglass gun hatch.
FW190D9.png

Last edited:

tl3

50cc
Very nice! If I won them I let MattyMatt use the small one to do his nails, cause now that Jerry hung t!ts on him I figure he'll need to be doing the manny-pedi thing. The large one I can make use of on boxes of wood from JTec, Carden, Dalton, etc.

mndless

Don't know a thing..
We all like the big 3D and Aerobatic aircraft. This year, I plan to build my first giant scale project. Not going to tackle a war bird project just yet, but will start with a Hosteler Cessna 182. Learning the ropes on finishing panel lines and rivets.... going to entail a LOT of sanding.... how handy would these great sanding blocks be !!

Cessna%20182.jpg

Awesome looking sanding blocks and a really great contest!

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I love any and all sanding devices. Here is a good use for them. I'm copying my rare MK Cosmos kit currently.

Attachments

• balsa usa.jpg
    balsa usa.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 296
  • fuse.jpg
    fuse.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 345
  • nose area.jpg
    nose area.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 297
  • ribs.jpg
    ribs.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 332
  • vert parts.jpg
    vert parts.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 312

Do-rag

100cc
I could use them in my new shop to finish several projects. As well make some repairs to some neglected projects.:attaboy: