• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool old school planes??

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
EZ Diablo with OS 108 was my first real "stick banger". Could not hover yet but tumbles were awesome.
diablo.jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I know you guys will laugh at this suggestion, but how about a 50cc Ultrasport. I may be the only one, but I'd buy one in a heart beat. The original 40 & 60 size kits were certainly pre-3D and heavy as hell, but if you just wanted to go to the field and burn holes in the sky, you couldn't ask for a much more suitable plane.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I know you guys will laugh at this suggestion, but how about a 50cc Ultrasport. I may be the only one, but I'd buy one in a heart beat. The original 40 & 60 size kits were certainly pre-3D and heavy as hell, but if you just wanted to go to the field and burn holes in the sky, you couldn't ask for a much more suitable plane.

Now that you mention it........
Ultra Gas.jpg

The Ultra Sport 1000 gasser!

The Ultra Sport 1000 Glowtard!

ultrasport!000(2).jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey 49dimes,

I had the 1000 with an OS160 in it. The dummest thing I did was sell it to someone who told me that I would be the first person he talked to if he ever wanted to sell it. Well, he sold it and I never knew a thing about it until MUCH later..........:ugh!:

I LOVE that Gasser. Makes me want a 50cc size even worse now.......:yesss:What engine is in it? Looks like an Evolution. Thanks for reviving old memories.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hey 49dimes,

I had the 1000 with an OS160 in it. The dummest thing I did was sell it to someone who told me that I would be the first person he talked to if he ever wanted to sell it. Well, he sold it and I never knew a thing about it until MUCH later..........:ugh!:

I LOVE that Gasser. Makes me want a 50cc size even worse now.......:yesss:What engine is in it? Looks like an Evolution. Thanks for reviving old memories.

I have not a clue on the gasser other than an older MVVS or Evolution? The glowtard has the old ST 3000. Both are "cyber pics".
Not to worry.....I don't charge a "dime" for helping bring back fond RC memories!

Bipeguy03

150cc
The Sig Skybolt, those airplanes will always have a special place in my heart. I have a kit that I've been picking at on rainy days for a year or so, I plan on doing away with the plastic turtle deck and use wood. Then making it electric ;)

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
+1 on the Skybolt. I was lucky enough to purchase a built Great Planes Skybolt RTF with an OS91 4-Stroke from a LHS that was closing for $100.00. Had it for almost a year until the day I was flying it and lost the connection between my brain and my fingers..........:cryin:. If I'm not Larry Katona @ PCK sells a 1/4 scale Skybolt kit, but I don't know if it's suitable for a 50cc gas engine.

Hey Bipeguy, Good luck with your Skybolt. I hope you can remove enough weight from your kit to make the electric conversion workable.