• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool old school planes??

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Yeah....they're collectibles now.  I have an old Cox Art Scholl "Pennzoil" one sitting here in my studio.  Love Pitts' 
biggrin-new.png

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Pistolera said
Patroller said
Isn't the classic old school aerobatic plane the Pitts?  

I've got a beautiful 30 year-old  scratch-built 33% scale Pitts S1S/T sitting on my bench, that was given to me by the builder.  Although sorry to say it will never fly again ....I am in the process of adding a bit more scale details to it for static display.  I'll shoot some pics and the story as soon as I get'r done.
Why won't it ever fly again?

BalsaDust

Terryscustom said

Talk to me Goose.

I LOVE Caps. A light 40% Cap (or even a larger than straight 35% cap for 120cc) would rock.

I bet we could buy a TON of canopies and cowls from the 33% Cap 232 GP used to sell and it easily fit a 100 in it.

Hmmmmm.
icon_biggrin.gif
If you can get your hands on at least two cowls and two canopies (one for me and one for you) I'll design a 105-110" Cap for a 100-120cc.      Not sure if I'd build your plane but you're ready to get back into kit building aren't you
icon_wink.gif

I asked Rick at Fibertech if he had any old dusty cowl molds in the back for a large Cap and he said no.

You can still purchase Cowls for the 3-%, 35%, and 40% Cap 232's from carden. No canopies though. I would love to see it as well. Sleepy I would be more than happy to build a Cap for you if Terry cuts the parts and you dont have time. The 30% cap I'm building from Mode1's plans over on GiantScaleNews he had done just what yall are talking about though. The stab has been moved down some and the wing was brought up to pretty close to the center of the trust line. I would say it still looks like a cap even with the wing in the middle as its all the cowl and canopy that make the look of a cap.

SleepyC

150cc
Man... lets make a CAP HAPPEN A nice 35%ish plane that would ROCK on a DA-120.

If we can get the Cowls form Carden, I bet we could get someone to vacuums form a canopy that seems easier than making a cowl!

This is exciting! Maybe we could do a GSN sourced kit/plane?!?!

If someone can offer their skills to make a part, they they make it and we can all assist with any costs?!

This is kind of awesome!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Carden won't sell to me cuz I'm a scratch builder, but I can design the fuse and foam templates.     I know where we can get quality CNC cut foam parts and I have my own laser and CNC equipment.

BalsaDust

I would be more than happy to do a plug for a canopy to help out. Terry just do like I did. When I had borrowed wecoyote's 30% Carden cap cowl I had an unfortunate car accident which destroyed the cowl. I was able to just order one off their website no questions asked. That is s bit rediculous thst they would sell you one though. Hell they don't even make a cap any longer and would think its s good way to offload their invitory of surplus stuff not needed any more.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Shhhhh.... if the build up of a new one coming out meets the demand they might re-release that Cap !  

I would love to have my old Ohio RC 33% Ultimate again...man had a lot of flights on it over the 10 or 12 years I had it. Started with a Zenoah G62, then later on put a Zenoah 445 twin and then finally a 3W 100 that really brought it to life.

I sold it about 7 or 8 years ago and the guy that bought it never go a chance to fly it...he accidentally dropped a 16lb bowling ball on it! :-(

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Man... lets make a CAP HAPPEN A nice 35%ish plane that would ROCK on a DA-120.

If we can get the Cowls form Carden, I bet we could get someone to vacuums form a canopy that seems easier than making a cowl!

This is exciting! Maybe we could do a GSN sourced kit/plane?!?!

If someone can offer their skills to make a part, they they make it and we can all assist with any costs?!

This is kind of awesome!

I would most certainly get one!!!

Funny you should ask this. I was just thinking about my very first Giant Scale from 1996. Lanier 1/3 scale Extra 300. Nice looking plane in its day. But dang, 34 pounds and I flew that beast on a Moki 3.6 twin glow. Yikes....considering what we have available today??? No wonder I wasn't impressed. LOL. One of my other favorites was my Ohio RC Giles 300 with a ZDZ 80 twin. If only they made that Giles today.....
Lanier-Extra.jpg

Giles-ZDZ.jpg
Is there a reason I can't see pictures on this thread? Thanks