• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool UAV Project! Share Yours!

JohnVH

30cc
Nice, I have gimbals on my quads, but not on my plane yet, thought about it though as I have a spare one sitting around.. Ive done 5 miles, the chance of loosing it is whats exciting I guess. haha. Ive passed on a couple hunter uav options, hoping the right one comes along one of these days....

I only have a DJI phantom vision + right now, wondering how you get the wider angle pictures to quit having that rounded earth shape?
Jeff

Vital-Rc

50cc
I only have a DJI phantom vision + right now, wondering how you get the wider angle pictures to quit having that rounded earth shape?
Jeff

I think rage cams makes a mod , I have there 5.4mm lens on a GPH 3 black and loved it before I got my nex5 . If anyone wants the go pro it's for sale :)

I fly a s800 (setup for 2 operators) and also have a fpv racer . My RCA to vga converter came in , bad thing it likes 5volts so I had to do some more wiring then I planned but it was pretty simple . It's coming together . Other then time I got about 15$ in the whole setup . Not bad for fixing broken electronics and dumpster diving.

The system is running off 3s lipos , with 6 amps I should get about 1 to 1.5 hrs not counting for thermo loss. Need a master switch and a cover plate to finish it off. This will make it nice for ride alongs or when I don't want to use my googles.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 284

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Nice video Kevin. Prescott is on my list of places I want to see before I die. Well, guess I can check it off the list now.:p

garlandk

100cc
Nice video Kevin. Prescott is on my list of places I want to see before I die. Well, guess I can check it off the list now.:p
I am not a big AZ fan, maybe because I live in Yuma where it is 120 degrees in the summer time...but Prescott all year round is very nice. Gets a little warm in the summer, but it kind of reminds me of Georgia temps in the summer without being humid... It does get breezy a lot of days...well at the r/c flying sites they do.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I am not a big AZ fan, maybe because I live in Yuma where it is 120 degrees in the summer time...but Prescott all year round is very nice. Gets a little warm in the summer, but it kind of reminds me of Georgia temps in the summer without being humid... It does get breezy a lot of days...well at the r/c flying sites they do.

Yuma is basically California. Plus you're a whole 2 hours out from the California Coast (depends on speed) :cool: