• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Custom Pilot Figure Ideas

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Thinking about making a custom pilot figure for the next plane... While it will never compare to Earl's Pirate, it would still be fun to do something a little different and custom...

Rules say "6.6 : A realistic three dimensional human pilot and viewable instrument panel shall be
appropriately installed in all Scale Aerobatic aircraft."

Need some suggestions on a different and conforming pilot idea...

One idea might be along the Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder line... a recognizable blind guy flying the plane...

Once I pick a theme for the pilot, then I'll work on figuring out the best way to make it....

Any and all suggestions appreciated !!

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Here's one option.... pretty much kind of human looking...

Alien.jpeg

mndless

Don't know a thing..
BTW - the rules actually state: "A realistic three dimensional human pirate...."

Haha... must have mis-read that :)

I haven't measured the space yet, but going in a Dalton 300... so, 40% ish... plan is to sculpt, mold, make, paint... of some sort...

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
does it have to be 3D? I took a picture of my son with sunglasses with him looking at me and smiling from the side. then printed it normal and mirrored, cut it out and glued the two sides to a piece of thin cardboard and it's in a foamie I'm flying.

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Yep... rules say is has to be a realistic 3 dimensional human pilot... guess there are many options within what can be termed human... :)