• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

plumbing for air vent is done. still need to do fuel lines and fuel dot. Trying to figure out how to divert the aluminum tubes to deliver the fuel to the carbs. seems if i run it under motorbox, it may be exposed to heat from canisters for a longer run.

Attachments

• IMG_6791.JPG
    IMG_6791.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 233
wet sanded the cowl and wheel pants and the hatch area.
this is my gun!! it is way better than that PREVAL!! The preval was good to spray on the primer, but i do not recommend for the actual paint. This thing is so slick, very difficult to make it run with this, unless you stay too long in one spot. just keep moving, lay paint thin. come back in 20 minutes and lay 2nd coat, etc... think thin
IMG_6792.JPG
IMG_6793.JPG
IMG_6794.JPG
IMG_6796.JPG
IMG_6797.JPG
IMG_6798.JPG
layers!!

this is after last coat of the paint. I have also removed the masking tape and no bleed under!! that is some good tape! the exposed primer will be painted yellow. i have to wait for 4 hours before i can apply the masking tape over the red area.
IMG_6799.JPG
IMG_6800.JPG
IMG_6801.JPG

i misunderstood the graph on the website. It is for matching Monokote (missile red) to KlassKote epoxy paint. Turns out, i have to mix 5 different paints to match it to Monokote!! what A PITA that will be.

it is the missile red from Monokote. that is the true red from Klass Kote.
i just emailed Nate from Klass Kote, he will get me back on line. He will send me a pint of the KlassKote mixed "MISSILE RED" to match the Monokote, and the KlassKote YELLOW, to match the Monokote yellow.

KlassKote Missile red will require mixing 5 different colors. (they do this, all i had to do was ask)
the yellow is only 2.

it was my failure of calling him, as he would have told me this before i ordered it.

'i misunderstood his color match graph.

i will have to repaint it!

Attachments

• IMG_6804.JPG
    IMG_6804.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 205

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
i considered that, but so much would require painting. so far, the hatch area would be less to paint. what about if i could "fade" the color in back of hatch/canopy, to match the monokote?
You can't blend or fade that color into your monokote. Too far off. Plus it just wouldn't work out. You could always go to a collision repair shop and ask if you can look through a paint chip book and pick a red that's close. That's what I would do. Then they would probably mix you a couple ounces( at least I would).