• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Deans plugs current limit

njswede

150cc
What's the highest current you guys use Deans plugs for? I have a system that puts out a little over 80A on Deans. Should I be worried?

jmart95

70cc twin V2
We're running deans on my dad's 57, and going the same route on mine. No issues, and we've had 100's of flights(If not 1000+) on that setup on the extra and previous airframe.

gyro

GSN Contributor
That's all? Time to buy some ec3 and ec5's and swap them all out, I thought it was a bit higher than that(just checked and your right though).

I use ec5 on my 60" sized planes and up.
I get then from [MENTION=2589]GaryBuddyRc[/MENTION]

njswede

150cc
I guess there's a simple test: I'm going to run it on full throttle for 30s. If the connector isn't hot, it's OK.

njswede

150cc
They're also rated for 75A 30s pulses. I doubt I ever do a full throttle run that's longer than that. The only issue is heat, really. If it doesn't get hot, I can't see what the issue is. (Famous last word... :) )

gyro

GSN Contributor
They're also rated for 75A 30s pulses. I doubt I ever do a full throttle run that's longer than that. The only issue is heat, really. If it doesn't get hot, I can't see what the issue is. (Famous last word... :) )

I thought you told me you were pulling 90a?

njswede

150cc
My Beast pulls about 85A on a fresh pack. That's quickly dropping to 80A and below and the full throttle pulses are very short. Long term, I may switch to EC5, though.