• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

dle 30 or eme 35

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I own (2) DLE 30, one mounted in a 1/4 CUB and the other in a YAK55. Both have been absolutely great engines and IIRC, one is 5 years old, the other 4. They've never been babied in any way and they never fail to satisfy my requirements for reliable power. Sorry, no experience with the EME engines so can't compare.

Edit: Dang, already replied to this thread back on the 17th. I must be getting old or I'm developing Can't Remember Sh*t disease.

It's all good, I got the CRS problem, and some crap my wife calls someofthetimers

like I said earlier I will be putting this on a Pilot 3d Trainer for me and my grandson to fly. I will use it for night flight at 3d events (putting lights on it also).
a lot of the guys at my field fly the big Mentor style trainer planes with gas motors on them.
if I don't like the plane I will put the engine on my trusty old extreme flight 74" yak 54that currently has a Berelli 46 GT. (the king of mid range Burble)

flycanic

70cc twin V2
I am still trying to comprehend why people buy an engine then before they put it on a plane take it apart to try and make it run better. I see no reason other than they like to tinker,and make it run that little bit better I know that slimline makes great mufflers for a price. The EME will run much better also with mods but I find no reason to do so. The EME's run awesome right out of the box put it on the plane set it and go fly, I ran 2 gallons threw both EME 35 before I did the fine tune and have not touched either one for well over a year. One I did not touch ran just great right out of the box until the fine tune. Stock mufflers, 21x8 Xoar laminatedprops @ 7100 rpm at 3,500 msl. I see 49dimes sure like to talk the talk, but can he walk the walk. Show us some video's 49dimes

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
like I said earlier I will be putting this on a Pilot 3d Trainer for me and my grandson to fly. I will use it for night flight at 3d events (putting lights on it also).
a lot of the guys at my field fly the big Mentor style trainer planes with gas motors on them.
if I don't like the plane I will put the engine on my trusty old extreme flight 74" yak 54that currently has a Berelli 46 GT. (the king of mid range Burble)

Not to long ago I helped a fella with the 46. All that was wrong is it had a really fouled plug. Put a fresh NGK in and it tuned up quite nice! Had a Slim-line pitts and transition was pretty good. Not bad for a side carb.

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I am still trying to comprehend why people buy an engine then before they put it on a plane take it apart to try and make it run better. I see no reason other than they like to tinker,and make it run that little bit better I know that slimline makes great mufflers for a price. The EME will run much better also with mods but I find no reason to do so. The EME's run awesome right out of the box put it on the plane set it and go fly, I ran 2 gallons threw both EME 35 before I did the fine tune and have not touched either one for well over a year. One I did not touch ran just great right out of the box until the fine tune. Stock mufflers, 21x8 Xoar laminatedprops @ 7100 rpm at 3,500 msl. I see 49dimes sure like to talk the talk, but can he walk the walk. Show us some video's 49dimes

My EME 60 is stock except the Pro Flow. I guess that would be "Type the Hype"

Not to long ago I helped a fella with the 46. All that was wrong is it hade a really fouled plug. Put a fresh NGK in and it tuned up quite nice! Had a Slim-line pitts and transition was pretty good. Not bad for a side carb.
when I bought the extreme flight 74 inch yak 54, the 46 GT was the only real option for that plane. it does have awesome power for its size and weight but the mid range is just horrible. I have tried Hotter plugs colder plugs high octane gasoline. I think one of the main problems is it was a converted Poulan chainsaw engine and has no read valves. the power band is more like a light switch off or on I learn to deal with it over the years.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
when I bought the extreme flight 74 inch yak 54, the 46 GT was the only real option for that plane. it does have awesome power for its size and weight but the mid range is just horrible. I have tried Hotter plugs colder plugs high octane gasoline. I think one of the main problems is it was a converted Poulan chainsaw engine and has no read valves. the power band is more like a light switch off or on I learn to deal with it over the years.

Yes your are very on the spot with the power band. The fellow I helped flew traditional and did not 3D. It still did well pulling what I suspect was about 20lbs.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Well shut my mouth! You can do both. I owe you an apology 49dimes. I see your aileron servo's flutter quite a bit, which servo's are they. Nice flight and great landing, better then most around my neck of the woods. I have the Pro Flow goodies for my EME 60 but elected not to install. Reason 1 in the Pilot Yak, I would have had to lengthen the fuse tunnel. Reason two I wanted to keep it light so I used my DA 50 Johnson Pitts muffler I bought from DA years ago same exhaust port bolt pattern and the extra vibration bracket bolt right on only problem hard to reach the low and high needles, but as I have said once I set this engine I haven't touched needles since initial brake in summer of 2013

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
When I made the vid I noted the "bounce" on the Aileron too. It was actually a loose servo connector in the smart fly board. I went from Futaba 9157's to Blue Bird 2209's for HV use. Decent servo. I have a total of 45 gallons on the 60 now. 40 of that is with the "updated" crankshaft.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Here is a short vid of one of my EME 35's in my Pilot Sbach we took just after running the engine. This was the third flight on the plane just before we loaded up my trailer and went to the flying Mustangs fly in Billings Montana the next day June 2013