• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE 61 mounting questions

TXCranedriver

New to GSN!
Hey guys, Just got my DLE61 in for my 3dhs 92" Edge. I am trying to mount it and noticed the bolt patterns are different than the patterns I have. Should I just use the other patterns to get me in the general area and wing it? lol Not really but I was wondering if any one had some measurements or any good info on the process. Thanks!

SnowDog

I would not try to "wing it" on this. Your firewall should have crossed lines that intersect near the center but not exactly on center...that is the thrust line. There should be a mounting template for the DLE61 that you can align with these cross hairs on the firewall to ensure the thrust line of your motor when mounted ends up in the correct location.

I did a quick google search and found a version of the DLE-61 manual that includes this mounting pattern. I've attached the manual to this post...let me know if you have more questions!

View attachment dleg0061-manual.pdf

TXCranedriver

New to GSN!
Thanks SD! I just wonder why they don't include that manual with the actual engine. I have since got it installed and it is somewhat inline with the cowl. I is it would stop raining so we could fly around here. Texas is getting hit super hard right no.