• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE 61

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
Does anyone know if the spec are right on the DLE 61??

Say nearly 9 1/2 inches from stock stand off to prop hub. Hoping I did not order a motor that is going to be hell to fight to my new plane.

dle61.JPG

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Does anyone know if the spec are right on the DLE 61??

Say nearly 9 1/2 inches from stock stand off to prop hub. Hoping I did not order a motor that is going to be hell to fight to my new plane.

View attachment 12964
My experience with DLE is they are usually accurate with their measurements. If you're thinking it may be too long and it is going to be a fight, a couple of suggestions. The first one you won't like. Move the firewall back. Or what I would do is open a carb. recess hole in the firewall and use shorter standoffs. Our D&B supply here has some pretty darned cool polished aluminum spacers as well as chromed steel spacers. I use them from time to time on different projects. When I don't have an extra set of standoffs that is. If you are worried about any carb. fuel spray in the motor box, design a small balsa baffle or shroud and fuel proof it.

emtp275

100cc
The total length from standoff to hub is what the first diagram shows as the back plate to hub around 6.7inches

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
My experience with DLE is they are usually accurate with their measurements. If you're thinking it may be too long and it is going to be a fight, a couple of suggestions. The first one you won't like. Move the firewall back. Or what I would do is open a carb. recess hole in the firewall and use shorter standoffs. Our D&B supply here has some pretty darned cool polished aluminum spacers as well as chromed steel spacers. I use them from time to time on different projects. When I don't have an extra set of standoffs that is. If you are worried about any carb. fuel spray in the motor box, design a small balsa baffle or shroud and fuel proof it.

Before the diagrams that Kork and Truckracer I looked at recesses the carb, but that would not have worked, cause the plane I have is 171 MM from the firewall to the front of the cowl...i would have had to more the firewall back and would not have wanted to do that..lol..

Thanks for the help all