• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DM 5335 (50cc size Electric) made by Subsonic Planes

gyro

GSN Contributor
Will be flying a gecko 120 optima esc today by the way. The amp meter is supposed to be there today as well so should get some numbers. Wot sure felt stronger than the edge esc

Our numbers should be pretty similar as we're both using the same ESC and packs, I think I've just got a couple kv more.

I'll be testing out a falcon (carbon AND wood) 24x10 gas props, Xoar wood 24x12 gas, and a Protek wood 24x12 electric.

Manta

70cc twin V2
OMG. Castle dropped the ball man. If Gecko will hold up geeze. I tore the aileron control horn out doing a wot backflip to elevator hahaha. 135 amps and around 5800 watts. Thats a huge jump from the edge esc. I wont get to fly it again for another week and an aileron horn fix. (10 min).
So as effiecient as Kens Motrolfly motors are I knew I should be hitting 5200 watts at that kv. I love it when Im wrong on the low side heheheh.

Manta

70cc twin V2
Ya no kidding. I had video planned for yesterday but with the wind and first flight I didnt bring her low an then the control horn let go so ill get some next week if at all possible. Control horn is a 10 min fix and 30 min set. :)

zmonster97

OMG. Castle dropped the ball man. If Gecko will hold up geeze. I tore the aileron control horn out doing a wot backflip to elevator hahaha. 135 amps and around 5800 watts. Thats a huge jump from the edge esc. I wont get to fly it again for another week and an aileron horn fix. (10 min).
So as effiecient as Kens Motrolfly motors are I knew I should be hitting 5200 watts at that kv. I love it when Im wrong on the low side heheheh.

That is 180kv right? What prop?

So is there no need for more kv?

zmonster97

It would seem so, just need an ESC that doesn't zap 10% or more of the power :)

Yeah...I would be using a gecko esc anyway. And after seeing those numbers, probably the 150a model!:D

Do I buy this, or the rest of the equipment for my 103? Hmm.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yeah...I would be using a gecko esc anyway. And after seeing those numbers, probably the 150a model!:D

Do I buy this, or the rest of the equipment for my 103? Hmm.

buy this! and if you need an electric 24x12 woodie, I've got one on the way that I won't be able to use with my wind now :(