Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Don Smith 1/4 scale P-47 build.

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by foreignloren, Jan 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hi guy's, if anyone is interested I started building my Don Smith P-47. I redesign the stab to come apart like our 3D planes. I used aluminium tubes and set the servo up conventional way, in the stab with the servo arm sticking straight down. m_p-47 001.jpg

m_p47 002.jpg

2. Mom checking out the progress.
    m_p-47 024.jpg
    m_p-47 008.jpg m_p-47 065.jpg

Razorbackman, Alky6, WMcNabb and 2 others like this.
  3. Here it the stab. Got Jim Cyr helping me out. Go Jim! m_P-47 035.jpg

pawnshopmike likes this.

4. Got my cowl in and it's huge! my wife thought it would be funny to put it on my head for the pic'.

m_p47 003.jpg m_p47 004.jpg

mndless and pawnshopmike like this.
  5. Going to start the Rudder today and when thats done I'm going to tackle the wings.

pawnshopmike likes this.
  6. Sweet! Looking good and great job modding the stabs.

[​IMG]

stangflyer likes this.
  7. Thanks. Hope it's done by May.

8. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Looks killer. Now what kind of power plant will be pulling this bad boy around the skies.