Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Don Smith P-51 Mustang

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by stangflyer, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    You broke anyway so you might as well get the starter. It just finishes of the plane. You cannot go cheap now.

49dimes, dhal22 and stangflyer like this.
  2. Is the Kolm the same as the Valach in you have to order the one for a starter, the front end is different for a starter. I am sure you conversed with Gotz about that as well as the long and short version.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    stangflyer likes this.
  3. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Yeah, no way out now. Lol

Honestly I do not know. I did not get the chance to talk to him. Only his wife. She said she would have him call me back. However, my understanding is he just got back from surgery. So I am sure it will take him a while to get caught up. He was on the line to Germany when I called. If I remember correctly though, there is a difference in the case. So I will wait to talk to him before I make the call of with starter or without. Only thing is, I may have to wait if I get the one with the starter. My understanding is the motors are custom built and could be at least six weeks. Oh well, waited this long right? Either way, a Kolm will be on its way.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Snoopy1 likes this.
  4. It all depends on what you want. The added cool factor of a starter as if the engine is not enough, or "just" a really cool engine that starts extremely easy by hand. As if these engines were in the "just" category.

Snoopy1, 49dimes and stangflyer like this.
  5. stangflyer

LOL...Right? Whew... takes my breath away.

6. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Man oh man, I'm glad you are a wealthy man, I would have a lot of credit card debt with your collection.

Snoopy1, 49dimes and stangflyer like this.
  7. stangflyer

Ah so, you also some funny guy! laughing-smiley-face.gif
    Wealthy? Me? Yeah....not so much. I have to work way too many long hours to be able to pull things like this off. But my advantage is this. I have no "female" telling me what I can and can not buy or jacking my cash before I can spend it. I have no bills other than my addiction. LOL. My kids are raised and have made a way for themselves. My little "Chi-waa-waa" (Chihuahua) doesn't mind eating dog food. LOL. And finally... Money is one of those things that can either lead a man to evil or lead him to happiness. I may not be able to take all my red heads with me when I check out. But darn it all, I am going to have a little fun and happiness before I actually do. Ya know? LOL.

Snoopy1, 49dimes, HRRC Flyer and 2 others like this.
  8. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    CONGRATULATIONS!! Fantastic news!!
    That engine is exquisite!!!
    Can’t wait to see this one in the Postman thread!
    Or, dragging the big Stang all over the sky!

49dimes and stangflyer like this.
  9. stangflyer

Thank you my friend. I will second your thoughts.

Snoopy1 and WMcNabb like this.
  10. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

:attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy::attaboy:

Finally! He listened to me! :fist_pump::fist_pump::fist_pump::fist_pump::fist_pump::fist_pump::fist_pump::fist_pump::fist_pump::fist_pump::fist_pump::fist_pump::fist_pump:

Snoopy1, WMcNabb, HRRC Flyer and 2 others like this.