• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Dual BuildNew PAU 35cc Edge and 35cc Extra

Rusty 73

100cc
On the elevator control arm what is the distance from servo centre to the ball joint connection , about 1.5" to 1.75" ? Love the usage of the carbon fibre rod on the elevators , not chance of bowing there .:I_agree:

Tseres

150cc
Finished the Extensions for the Flying Surfs on the Edge. Hooked everything up and set the max throws.

I make these little bridge wire keepers so the extensions don't fall back into the wing. Nothing fancy. loose enough to be able to get the wire out without breaking the bridge back out but tight enough not to let the wire fall in. opening dimension is about 1/4" X 1". Not to important but you can make it out of 1/4" square balsa sticks.

DSC_0070.JPG
DSC_0071.JPG
DSC_0072.JPG
DSC_0073.JPG
DSC_0074.JPG
DSC_0075.JPG
DSC_0076.JPG
DSC_0077.JPG
DSC_0078.JPG
DSC_0079.JPG

Tseres

150cc
Started working on mounting the Throttle Servo. I don't like mounting the servo in the engine compartment so I made up a bracket that I can use to glue it up to the inside of the motor box. Finished drilling the fire wall for the fuel line throttle linkage and the vent hole for the carb. Pinned the firewall with #4 X 3/4 flathead wood screws. Glued the screws in with CA.

DSC_0080.JPG
DSC_0081.JPG
DSC_0082.JPG
DSC_0083.JPG
DSC_0084.JPG
DSC_0085.JPG

Tseres

150cc
Today was one of those days. I used my ball driver for #2 screws this morning and laid it down somewhere and I still have not found it. I managed to make it all the way through the whole day...

Finished the wing extensions and set the servos for max throw. Mounted and set the throttle servo. Mounted the IBEC and the Ignition.Also mounted my favorite part. The McFueler Fuel Dot. Making progress.

DSC_0086.JPG
DSC_0087.JPG
DSC_0091.JPG
DSC_0092.JPG
DSC_0093.JPG
DSC_0094.JPG
DSC_0095.JPG
DSC_0096.JPG
DSC_0097.JPG

Tseres

150cc
Not much work on the planes the last 2 days.I did manage to order some Graphics from B&E Graphics. Also Ordered some foam pilots from Aircraft International. Should have the pilots on Friday but the Graphics wont be here for about a Week. I did put the wings on the Extra and took some pictures to send to B&E. It's always a little exiting when you see the plane together for the first time.

Today was spent helping a friend work on his T/F Mustang. The rest of the evening I mounted the throttle servo in the Edge and made an offset for the servo arm so there is a better angle for the push rod. The aluminum servo arms showed up and I switched them out on the Elevator.

IMG_1598.JPG
IMG_1599.JPG
IMG_1600.JPG
DSC_0098.JPG
DSC_0099.JPG
DSC_0100.JPG
DSC_0101.JPG
DSC_0102.JPG

Tseres

150cc
I finished up fabricating under the cowl of the Edge. Throttle Pushrod and Choke rods are finished. Just as I was calling it Quits to go to the basketball game. UPS showed up with my arsenal of pilots. 2 for the 35cc planes, 1 for my Sukhoi and one for my Bigger Extra. smile emoticon Aircraft international don't sell the 25% pilots anymore. This one going into the Edge was the last one. I'm going to make a 30% pilot fit into the Extra. I guess the reason why they call it modeling and not droaning is because we sometimes have to make things fit and look good in our planes.
Sorry Couldn't resist. I have nothing against drones. They are just not models.

DSC_0103.JPG
DSC_0104.JPG
DSC_0105.JPG
DSC_0106.JPG
DSC_0107.JPG
DSC_0108.JPG
DSC_0109.JPG
DSC_0110.JPG
DSC_0111.JPG

Rusty 73

100cc
Great progress and i love the foam Pilots , did you use a fibreglass rod for your throttle linkage . Then did you epoxy the thread end into the shaft ?

Tseres

150cc
Great progress and i love the foam Pilots , did you use a fibreglass rod for your throttle linkage . Then did you epoxy the thread end into the shaft ?

I used some Carbon impregnated Nirod. They don't sell it anymore. Found this at a Swap Meet. I just put the casing around it to give it some stiffness. Because it's so short it works.. You can do the same with the yellow and Blue Nirod.

Tseres

150cc
Cut some paper templates from poster board. then traced them onto some 1/8 thick Depron. WARNING If you use Depron for a floor in your plane. Make sure you use Foam Safe Glue.

Mocked up the canopy. Put the 10 screws in at this time. This makes the location of the canopy glass repeatable. Traced the front Edge with a marker. Then I put a line inside the first markings and cut the covering. Pealed off the covering and Cleaned off the marker.

The picture of the inside of the plane shows you where I put 2 storage holes for holding the canopy mounting screws. I don't like looking for them so I do this on all my planes.

More to come.

DSC_0112.JPG
DSC_0113.JPG
DSC_0114.JPG
DSC_0115.JPG
DSC_0116.JPG
DSC_0117.JPG
DSC_0118.JPG
DSC_0119.JPG
DSC_0120.JPG
DSC_0121.JPG
DSC_0122.JPG