• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DX8 and throttle elevator mix.

mazjag

50cc
Guys, I have a pattern plane that pulls to the canopy on the downline(throttle off)..I need to mix the throttle /elevator so it has a touch of down ...How do I do that without having the trim knocked all out of whack?? thx...

gyro

GSN Contributor
Guys, I have a pattern plane that pulls to the canopy on the downline(throttle off)..I need to mix the throttle /elevator so it has a touch of down ...How do I do that without having the trim knocked all out of whack?? thx...

Try a throttle to elevator mix at about 2%, so that when the throttle is at idle, you have about 2% down elevator

3D-Seth

New to GSN!
That depends on your CG...

If you are flying a nose heavy airplane, then yes, it will cause it to pitch down more on landing (just hold a little elevator on final). If you're flying a tailheavy airplane, they tend to pitch up on landing anyway, and wouldn't hurt to have some down in there.

For both my 3D and precision flying, I leave the mix on at all times. Just one less thing I have to worry about while flying.

Seth

Steve_B

70cc twin V2

Sounds to me like you are nose heavy and so carrying a lot of up trim. The the inverted 45 degree upline test, I bet you need to hold down elevator to stop it diving. If so then you need to move the CG back and re-trim the elevator.