• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DYNAMITE Passport Duo 400W Dual AC/DC Charger

ULTIMATE

New to GSN!
Anybody using one of these? Looking for some users that can report on if they are any good? Most I will be charging is 5S 4500 packs!
Thanks in advance for any input!
Key Features
  • Internal AC power supply saves on space and doesn't require a separate external power supply
  • 100–240V AC (50/60Hz) or 11–18V DC input voltage
  • Detachable AC power cord
  • 200W charge power per output
  • 25W discharge power per output
  • Short-circuit, over-current, and reverse-polarity protection
  • Low-input voltage protection
  • Over-temperature protection
  • Battery storage mode
  • IP33CW, IK07 environmental rating
  • Includes (2) insulated banana-to-EC3™ battery adapter cables
  • Includes (2) JST-XH balance adapter boards
  • Optional high-current DC power cord available (DYN4012)
  • Charges Li-Po/Li-Fe/Li-Ion (1–6 cell), Ni-MH/Ni-Cd (1–15 cell) and Pb battery types
  • 500W internal power supply ensures that full power output is available even while utilizing both charge outputs and all USB power options
  • 0.1–10.0A adjustable charge current per output
  • DYN4300_a1

Charger looks pretty decent. I personally don't like the 200W/ch charge rate.

What style of e power you flying?

For me, 200W would be very minimal, but would be sweet for smaller 2-3S packs for indoor flying. I am maxing out 1100W power supplies in my iCharger 406. But, I can charge 2 6S 5000s at 20A each channel. Almost 500W per channel according to the iCharger.

As long as you are happy with the purchase, I say run with it. When you get ready for more charger than you need, iCharger 308, 406 or 4010. :)

ryan_m

100cc
With that charger you can charge the 5s4500 packs at more than 1c.
A 1c (1 hour) charge on 5s4500's takes amps. (4.5 amps * (4.2 volts * 5 cells)) = 94.5 watts. So that charger should be able to do a 2c charge on those 5s packs. Not bad at all, so you can knock out 2 packs in 30 minutes.