• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Electronic failure/malfunction... help needed

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Nah, don't think age would be a big factor, but any binding could be.

Wonder if you could put a wattmeter between ESC and battery, then move all servos to full deflection and note the amperage?

I will do that this weekend while repairing the plane and see what the readings are. On a side note receiver signal loss wise I was only maybe a 100 feet high and just to my left when the "Oh no!!" happened.

Just cycling the servos through their range of motion won't tell you a lot or moving them to full deflection; you should see between 0.2 and 0.6 amps. You can move a servo to full deflection and keep it at that position and then manually push against the servo arm or control surface. This will place a load on the servo (air against a control surface) and then look at your amp draw. You may see a reading in the 3 to 5 amps range. If you stall four servos on a plane there could be enough short term amp draw to cause what GYRO suggested regarding RX lock-out if the BEC can't keep up with the load.

Some of the guys here are testing servos to see if they are meeting their published specs regarding torque. They may/may not be measuring amps; perhaps one of them may chime in with what they see in amps when a servo is stalled.