• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

EME70 Twin

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I forgot, the newest style DLE111 and DLE120 reed blocks are the same way (basically 100% knock off of DA's 100L and 120 reed cage).

The molded rubber around the bottom of the reeds serves not only to retain the reeds is place but it also takes up space at the base of the reeds. In many engines, this space allowed for fuel pooling which caused rough running during rolls, stalls coming off idle, etc. If you remove the space where fuel can puddle, you remove the problem. Quite a few engines that still retain the reeds with screws use this same type of molded spacer .... these double as a safety to retain the screws in place if they would get loose.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey Raydar, now that they un-banned me from FG I've been following your thread "over there". I'll be interested to see your findings on the carbs.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Got my bowman rings yesterday and got them installed. This is going to make a huge difference after som un time! Stock gaps were more or less .008-.009 and bowman gaps are more like .001-.002.

No running today but I see in the 10-day forecast there are temps above freezing!!!

emtp275

100cc
Got my bowman rings yesterday and got them installed. This is going to make a huge difference after som un time! Stock gaps were more or less .008-.009 and bowman gaps are more like .001-.002.

No running today but I see in the 10-day forecast there are temps above freezing!!!
That is tight LOL, I was told today by some one who knows their way around a 2 stroke that .006 is perfect and should be a goal for ring gap, Too loose will cause a loss in compression and to tight causes the ring to scrape all the oil from the cylinder wall and will in turn burn an engine up, the gap on my 61 with bowman are around .003 and the increase in performance was amazing after just 3 tanks, so what i was told makes sense to me but I did put about an hr on the engine with no issues so have you ever herd this or think i should even worry with it as i will be replacing my EME ring at some point and if i do a 70 it will also get bowman rings.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yup, this is pretty much the same results I had with my EME120 and it got really really strong on the top end. Bowmans instruction sheet says .001-.002 is ideal.