• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Escapade MX 30cc ARF by Great Planes

3D-Joy

50cc
It looks a lot like the old Lanier Giant Stinger.

Now that you mention it it really is true ! And also a similar fat airfoil. Should make it a much better flier than the smaller Escapade MX which is far from just an average sport plane. Its fast, snaps aggressively but still a fun plane, just much more advanced than a typical sport plane.

Super08

70cc twin V2
I picked one of these up about two weeks ago. It is a real nice kit and assembles pretty quick. I made a couple of changes to mine, one of which was to add flying wires to the tail. I don't trust non airfoil type stabs as they tend to flex too much without bracing. Maiden is sometime this week when the weather is good. Here are a couple of pictures.
IMG_0952.JPG
IMG_0955.JPG
IMG_0956.JPG
IMG_0957.JPG
IMG_0959.JPG

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
What do you want to know?

It flies nicely. Very stable, fairly wide speed range, has to be forced to stall and even when it does its a non-event. Takeoff and landing are easy. Its a nice Sunday flyer, more serious folks will want more bevel to get more throw but it does what its designed for very well.