• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

Man I used the short ones on my ailerons! I hope I don't have any issues. I'm using 1.5" arms on the ailerons and 1.75" in the elevators.

Haven't got any after market pushrods either. I've been reading about them not being long enough but haven't got to that part. Oh well, it's not like I'll be flying this thing any time soon anyway.

You will be fine. I used the long ones but wished I would have used the short ones on the ailerons.
Jeff

You gonna use the 2600 on the ignition or the RX? If on the RX it won't yield much flying time. I started with a 2600 2S lipo and went to a 3300 because with JR8911HV's I was using about 500mah per flight. Thus after 3 flights on the 2600 I was done so the 3300 is giving me 4 flights comfortably.
Jeff

hone

150cc
You gonna use the 2600 on the ignition or the RX? If on the RX it won't yield much flying time. I started with a 2600 2S lipo and went to a 3300 because with JR8911HV's I was using about 500mah per flight. Thus after 3 flights on the 2600 I was done so the 3300 is giving me 4 flights comfortably.
Jeff
I'm going to be picking up a 3 or 4 of the packs and will switch them out as needed. Since there is only 2 screws to hold the canopy it won't be a biggie switching them every few flights. I'm trying to keep it light.

Also, since I'm using fromeco relions the next size up is a 5200.

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
Just saw a post from Kelley on FB, showing that sdshobby has copied the MXS all the way down to the scheme...
http://www.sdshobby.com/75in-mxsr-c...airplane-arfred-blue-white-color-p-12744.html

Despicable!
Doubt performance will be similar. Having the plane in my living room there look to be many differences that'll have a definite impact on how it flies.

Looks like they're trying hard to make it look the same though. Probably hoping some people will buy it thinking it's the same but it's not.

Actually it looks more like the redwing or Aerobeez mxs with the EF color scheme.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well, I'm pretty sure that's an original scheme that someone made for EF in a contest... Hope Chris pursues all avenues to prevent sale here in the US, but that's probably more expensive than it's worth.

hone

150cc
Well, I'm pretty sure that's an original scheme that someone made for EF in a contest... Hope Chris pursues all avenues to prevent sale here in the US, but that's probably more expensive than it's worth.
No argument about the scheme for sure.

I also don't think it's OK they did it. I just wanted to point out its not the same plane for anyone who was thinking they might save a few bucks.

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
It's a 69 inch fuse, non-tapered ailerons, and I doubt the tips come off, which means it's 75 inches with the tips So it's just one of the older MXS-R models that flies nothing like an EF plane, but they are hoping to breath new life into the revenue stream with it again. Anyone that flies EF planes will be disappointed, and anyone that has any 3D skills will feel cheated on the first flight. I like the yellow scheme anyway. :)