• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Extreme Flight Edge 88"

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I have a new to me airframe coming sometime, so I thought I would start a thread. So lets see them. Any tips and tricks?

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I will use a GP61 on stock muffler. Servos will be 1270's for the tail, and 7954's for the ailerons. 2 x 2600 Fromeco Li-ions for batteries. I will be trying a Booma RC Wallaby switch on this one.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I will be trying taildraggers single MPX connectors on this one also. I would have ordered a 12" extension and a 6" extension to accomplish this anyway, so I decided to make life easy and just get the MPX set.

new_plug__80951.1423524341.1280.1280.jpg

I had one of these. Great flying bird. If you use the wheel spats strengthen them if you want them to last. I used 4" Kavan air tires on Dubro axles. Similar to your setup but DL50. Also glass the louver plate or it can crack. Maybe install some foam baffling on the louver plate to keep the engine cool. That's all I can think of besides all the tips in the manual. If you want it 18 pounds or less skip the pilot and dash.

Edge right? Build it exactly like the instructions say an you'll be just fine. Like Joe said unless your gonna use it for iMac the pilot an instrument panel aren't really necessary. Fuel proof the motor box an inside the motor box back to where the fuel tank sits. This will help a lot in the long run.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
#jealous. Wanted to pick one of those up when that last container came in. But no $$$ in the budget :-(
BJ Swope

It's one to keep in mind, in my opinion and experience the 88" Edge and 91" Extra from Extreme Flight are the best flying confidence builders on the market. They also take a severe beating and keep on ticking so they are great for practicing things without fear of breaking it. I have seen and done things to these two planes that turn most others into firewood. I've seen @Robbins do full throttle walls with his piped DA60 Edge so fast that the hinge lines whistled like a top hinged composite plane!