• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

3dbandit

100cc
Understood. You need to touch the flame before you believe it'll burn.
If your MG90 on elevator fails, you'll be collecting scrap wood at the field, not swapping to Hitecs.

FWIW, not attacking you here, just trying to save your plane. Had a 48" MXS for a while, it's simply awesome to fly... But I can say with 100% certainty, the MG90 is not up to a modern 48" 3D ARF on 4s power...

Good luck.

Loosing an elevator servo isn't fun, happened to me this weekend on my 74 edge(it locked full down). Got it down in one piece though. :)

3dbandit

100cc
It is experimental. I have had good luck with the MG90's. If they burn up I will be switching to Hitecs. All experimental.

Dan,

When it comes to experimenting with servos, be cautious.

I just finished testing new servos, and what I have found is that loosing a plane is very possible when testing out new electronics. I was given 8 servos (RC-OMG :scaredchair: ) to test and 4 of them had catastrophic failures.

Have fun and be safe.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Dan,

When it comes to experimenting with servos, be cautious.

I just finished testing new servos, and what I have found is that loosing a plane is very possible when testing out new electronics. I was given 8 servos (RC-OMG :scaredchair: ) to test and 4 of them had catastrophic failures.

Have fun and be safe.

Good advice Jacob, however the OMG were unknowns when you got them, they were a brand new design seeing action for the first time, and you were asked to push them hard.

Tower Pro MG90s have been around for YEARS, and have been flown in balsa 3D airplanes before. MG90s are widely accepted to be a bottom budget servo. I too used them once and so my opinion is based on experience.

-G

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
IMG_3089.jpgIMG_3091.jpgIMG_3098.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3095.jpg
    IMG_3095.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 157