• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

wedoitall

I'm waiting on Cody and Ray for their next steps on the Laser build threads. I am in no hurry to build mine, still waiting for my dx8 to come back from HH. Not gonna fly this one with a dx6i. Figured i'd just build mine along with those guys as they post the log.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I'm waiting on Cody and Ray for their next steps on the Laser build threads. I am in no hurry to build mine, still waiting for my dx8 to come back from HH. Not gonna fly this one with a dx6i. Figured i'd just build mine along with those guys as they post the log.

A little setback for me as it looks like the USPS has lost my motor from Ken. I am so frustrated.

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Hmmm, I sent my 4315 in to Ken for some open heart surgery. When it got back to me the box felt light despite the weight listing at 1lb. The bottom of the box came apart fairly easily so I opened it right there. Nothing but paper, a small bag of screws, and some of that foam he uses to put around the motors when he ships!

wedoitall

Hmmm, I sent my 4315 in to Ken for some open heart surgery. When it got back to me the box felt light despite the weight listing at 1lb. The bottom of the box came apart fairly easily so I opened it right there. Nothing but paper, a small bag of screws, and some of that foam he uses to put around the motors when he ships!

what happened after that?

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I am going to have to file a complaint Monday. I went to my local PO and they were useless. Basically all they have is the same web based track search that we use.

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
what happened after that?

Ken sent me a new one. We turned in a complaint with usps as there is at least $50 insurance. He taped the top part of the box extremely well. He did not tape the bottom part. Its one of those boxes designed to fold in on itself and make a bottom that holds. But it either accidentally came open during shipping or was opened by someone during shipping. The motor had been placed in one of those foam tube like things he uses for shipping an wrapped in bubble wrap. The box had been put back together when I got it. There was no bubble wrap but there was the foam tube thing. So the motor had to have come out of the bubble wrap and the foam was put back in the box with a small bag of screws. It probably would have been avoided had the bottom of the box been taped so those with ears....