• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

njswede

150cc
So do you have the build spec all worked out?

Motrolfly DM2820/750kv
ZTW 70A ESC
Probably TGY-2216 servos. A little overkill in terms of strength, but I've been very happy with them so far and I have a set of them available.
Probably a Xoar 14x6. I may prop down to an APC 13x6.5 if I pull too many amps.

Should be pretty good!

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
PS.. NJ, heres a little build tip on the Laser....

The cowl is quite long and overhangs behind the firewall former by a fair bit. The canopy 'slot-in' under the overhang, this is no problem in principal but the inside of the cowl is quite rough glass fibre and it very quickly scratches the paint off the canopy. because the canopy slots in at an angle some of the scrated area will be slightly exposed when the canopy is installed.

Solution is to take a spare piece of the clear spare vinyl from the decals and stick a strip over the front edge of the canopy, this stops the paint from getting scratched off. You can also give the inside of the cowl in the effected area a light rub with sandpaper to take the worst of the roughness off.

A minor detail I know but it's such a nice looking model you don't want anything to spoil it.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
Motrolfly DM2820/750kv
ZTW 70A ESC
Probably TGY-2216 servos. A little overkill in terms of strength, but I've been very happy with them so far and I have a set of them available.
Probably a Xoar 14x6. I may prop down to an APC 13x6.5 if I pull too many amps.

Should be pretty good!

Sounds good!.. Quite similar to the spec I'm using. I'll be interested to hear how the motor copes with the Xoar. I tried a Xoar 14x7 on my DM2820-750 but it pulled too many amps (70+). I went to a 14x7 APC which was awesome, but eventually it damaged the motor due to the heavy prop weight and high gyroscopic forces. I fixed the motor and I've settled on a Xoar 13x7 which is good, but the 14x6 may be a viable option. I tried the APC 13x6.5 which was ok but the 13x7 Xoar is better.

The slightly heavier servos are probably a good thing as the Laser tends slightly toward nose heaviness, so beefy servos in the rear helps make balancing easier.

yaaahh g/f is finally ponying up for my birthday gift from back in may. Going thursday to pick up either a 48 Laser or a replacement extra....not sure what i want yet. Loved the extra and miss it a lot but i havent tried a laser yet and it obviously flies awesome.

hone

150cc
yaaahh g/f is finally ponying up for my birthday gift from back in may. Going thursday to pick up either a 48 Laser or a replacement extra....not sure what i want yet. Loved the extra and miss it a lot but i havent tried a laser yet and it obviously flies awesome.

Awesome!

I'm hoping my g/f will pick me up the Laser for my b-day in a few months :D

Just got back from picking up my Laser ARF and MXS wings, great service from Extreme flight as always. Shoudl have a large majority of the laser done tonight. Stil deciding on what motor/esc combo i am putting in the MXS or laser. I have a Omega 130g(12x6 apc), Sunny Sky 800kv(14x7apc), ZTW 50a, and Airboss 45a all sitting here. Will be running hs5065mg all around

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just got back from picking up my Laser ARF and MXS wings, great service from Extreme flight as always. Shoudl have a large majority of the laser done tonight. Stil deciding on what motor/esc combo i am putting in the MXS or laser. I have a Omega 130g(12x6 apc), Sunny Sky 800kv(14x7apc), ZTW 50a, and Airboss 45a all sitting here. Will be running hs5065mg all around

I'd say run the MXS on the 12x6 / 130G omega with a 4s 2650 setup, and you'll be pretty happy. Battery will be relatively far forward.
For the Laser, I think the Sunnysky would be nice, but I'd recommend propping down at 13x7 or 13x8 for 4s, as I ran into some bearing trouble on mine using it with 14x7 on 4s.

-Gary