• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398826137.572845.jpg
I waxed this cowl so much, I covered it before the photo shoot :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398826220.585069.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398826231.389961.jpg
Edit: Ignore the 48" Laser wings in the background :(

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Thanks bryansifsof44, dth7, and Gyro for the continuing help troubleshooting my situation. I have a CC 10A BEC in the parts drawer. I'll wire it up tonight if time permits. I've started running Geckos in the last two airframes I've purchased and have been really happy with them. It's only in the 60's here in Michigan, but the gecko and suppo motor on my 60" Corvus are coming down cold to the touch. The minor repairs on my EF 60" Extra are complete and just received a bunch of Falcon props from Bob's Hobby Center in Orlando. I've been running Xoar props, but the Falcons seem to take a ground strike a bit better. I fly from a semi-rough grass field and nose-overs happen (usually when taxiing) too often. I really appreciate everyone's input.
I need to fire up the mower and we need a roller for the new field area. It will be EF heaven around here this summer. No nose overs!

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I have a hitec A9 with a dsm2 module that you are totally welcome to use while you are here. I have used it for hundreds of 3d flights without any problems.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
You rock! Thank you so much!

No problem. Just come see me when you arrive and Ill help you getting it programmed for your plane etc. You might want to bring your radio so we can see how you have it set up etc. I will not be using that radio during the event so it is at your disposal for the whole event.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
Just know, I fly her softly, as the crash (previous owner) was HARD. We're talking a wing slice and fuse splits all the way down. Only thing I'll do 3D-ish is hovering. Maybe some harriers, but nothing high stress.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
No problem. Just come see me when you arrive and Ill help you getting it programmed for your plane etc. You might want to bring your radio so we can see how you have it set up etc. I will not be using that radio during the event so it is at your disposal for the whole event.

Way to go 3dNater!