• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

gyro

GSN Contributor
I gotta get another one of these days. My last one was the 58" Extra. I just wish that the power systems were more of a direct replacement with the 3DHS airframes. I'm running all 3800-4000 4s packs, and I think those are a little light for the newer 60"-ish EXP's.

I fly my 60" Edge with 6s3000, which probably is equivalent in weight to a 4s4000, and it kicks butt!

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Hello all... hope this takes off.
Well I have 48" edge Ive been flying, which is a bad A$$ plane, so tomorrow the 60" Edge goes on the building table.
Setups
48: Castle Ice lite 75 amp, DM2820-750kv (350 flights on second airframe, which came off my MXS, RIP), HS-65mgs on ailerons, HS-5065mg on rudder, and HS-85mg on Elevator, 4s 2650 Skys and 2500 Gens
60: Castle Ice lite 100, DM4315-480kv, HS-7245 HV all surfaces, Castle 10 amp BEC, 6s sky 3000 (from my 600 heli) hope to get some 3300 eventually.

Anyways any build suggestions on the 60? Such as on 48" I did a gear plate mod and 85mg on tail.

hone

150cc
I own some Extreme Flight aircraft :) I have the 60'' Extra, and the 64'' MXS will be arriving tomorrow. I have owned the 48'' Edge in the past and it rocked! I need more planes!

G.P.

70cc twin V2
I fly my 60" Edge with 6s3000, which probably is equivalent in weight to a 4s4000, and it kicks butt!

That's good to know. With my 58 Extra I had everything biased forward, the pack all of the way forward, and it was till a little tail heavy with my usual motors. With the recommended Torque motor it was a little better, but I needed a huge prop on 4s.

gyro

GSN Contributor
That's good to know. With my 58 Extra I had everything biased forward, the pack all of the way forward, and it was till a little tail heavy with my usual motors. With the recommended Torque motor it was a little better, but I needed a huge prop on 4s.

are you going to get the new torque motor or someting else? The new torque will want a big prop for 4s... like a 17 or 18" probably? I think it's rated for a 16x7/8 on 6s"

G.P.

70cc twin V2
No, I'm staying away from the Torque stuff if possible. It's been mostly great for me in the past, but the few issues that I've had couldn't be taken care of since they don't have a repair facility. Once you are out of warranty, the speed controls and motors are paper weights if you have an issue.

That really is the only issue with them IMO. It's great stuff, and I wish they would work on getting a repair facility deal set up.

I am holding out for the Green 64" MXS. It will be my first EF plane and I think I chose wisely!! Sorry had to get the Indianan Jones reference in there. I am a big Star Wars fan too. I know I have problems.

skibum44

70cc twin V2
I was waiting for the MXS and in the meantime built and flew the 48" edge loved it, so I couldn't wait and ordered a 60" edge. Now I need to get Hobby funds in the piggy for the MXS. I too will probably go for the green.

hone

150cc
I started a thread on the MXS. I'll be getting it in the mail tomorrow and i'll be sure to post pics :) I was going to wait for green but i couldn't hold out and bought yellow ;)

Cool thanks! I guess the color does not matter that much it is really how well the plane flies in the end. Green is my fav color and right now I do not have a green plane in my hanger. I have only had 1 so far and well lets just say that pole came out of no where.