• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Hi i just got a extreme flight extra 300 78 inch gas version with a mvvs 40cc motor with a tune pipe is there anything i should know before i build it?

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
The elevator servo needs to be installed with the arm toward the front of the plane. It is shown being installed with the shaft to the rear in the manual but that is wrong. Other than that it's a super easy straight forward build.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hey guys,
Just set up a 48" MXS I picked up at an auction a month ago. The elevator servo is a HS5085. I've never worked with Digital Servos before. When I move the servos slowly with no load the elevator is a little jittery. Full throw stop to stop is fine and no binding. There doesn't appear to be any skipping. When I put a little load on it it seems to be much smoother. I know I've read this type of observation before but I forget where. Normal? Would you fly and see how it does? I'm waiting for all my servos from my used 78" Extra to come back from Hitec (forgot this one was on here or it would have gone in for a tune up too!). Thoughts?
Thanks
Daren

3dNater

Pretty normal Daren. Some digitals have a hard time with no load. Some jitter like crazy at center and will be smooth as silk in the air. If it makes you really nervous maybe you could switch the elevator and rudder servos. Not too often a dead rudder servo causes a crash. Just a thought.

dth7

Pretty normal Daren. Some digitals have a hard time with no load. Some jitter like crazy at center and will be smooth as silk in the air. If it makes you really nervous maybe you could switch the elevator and rudder servos. Not too often a dead rudder servo causes a crash. Just a thought.

I think it's just a normal high torque digital reaction to a light control surface. Thanks.
I aint scared! haha! Man what throws this little bugger has! Gonna be a huckin good time. Let you know how it flies.

dth7

Nice rolling harrier vid. Just watched it. Physics is a goood thing. I'm helping a couple guys at my club with it. Some complain the simulation is too dampened so I tell them bump up the physics. Works both ways.