• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FAA Announces their rules for radio controlled aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt

Quick question for everyone... The AMA has had a very long standing rule that your AMA number has to be visible on your airplane and if it is entered in a "scale" contest you may place it inside the airplane. But it has to be visible from outside like looking in the cockpit... How many people follow this? I know I do not!

So is anyone really going to plaster there new FAA number on there airplane if they don't even put their AMA number on it?

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
Quick question for everyone... The AMA has had a very long standing rule that your AMA number has to be visible on your airplane and if it is entered in a "scale" contest you may place it inside the airplane. But it has to be visible from outside like looking in the cockpit... How many people follow this? I know I do not!

So is anyone really going to plaster there new FAA number on there airplane if they don't even put their AMA number on it?
just a reply to think about, what is the penalty for not putting your AMA # on/in your aircraft.........??????............. but for not putting your FAA reg # on your aircraft you cann be fined up to $27500..... which would you MAKE sure is on/in your aircraft before flying...... I know I cannot afford a $27500 fine just to make a statement.

Hey Bart, just imagine some jackwagon from the FSDO stopping by your field and determining in his opinion that you are flying in a reckless manner. You're an ATP holder, so you should know better, so he's going after your certificate now. Fun times ahead.

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
Funny thing is, there are several high and mighty members here that say how well the AMA and its members are law abiding and safe ...... but are also willing to NOT register their aircraft, breaking a federal law, and fly anyway........ go figure.

There is no such rule. Safety code 2(f) simply states that your name and address or AMA number be attached to the inside or the exterior of the aircraft.

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
The best part of all this, is it wont stop the bad guys, and we all got the shaft, just like gun control, epic failure.
I dunno, give a few of them a $27500 fine and the news media gets ahold of it.... I think it will do just fine (no pun intended)

Status
Not open for further replies.