• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick 540 Build Thread

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry I am at a much lower temp than I use with monokote and it looks good for about 10 minutes and then I get a little wrinkling but a little more heat and it's fine. Should I be using warmer temps?

The temp range listed on the label on the covering is pretty accurate.

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
Servo pockets have been cut out with my dremel tool and the wing tube socket glued in. I should be able to get them sheeted this weekend unless something else comes up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 241
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 392
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 375

Spats

100cc
Servo pockets have been cut out with my dremel tool and the wing tube socket glued in. I should be able to get them sheeted this weekend unless something else comes up.

I love that dermal attachment. This was the first plane I used it on. I sure wish we had these tools available 3 years ago.

I used your suggestion and soldered an old bit on a brass tube and made two small holes at the end of the phenolic tubes, works great now.

I am having better luck with the covering holding. Both wings have the basic colors on them. I will start the graphics after the fuse is covered. I have been taking pics but I am saving them until I near the end to put the complete process up.

I hope you do get the wings sheeted and catch up;)

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
I love that dermal attachment. This was the first plane I used it on. I sure wish we had these tools available 3 years ago.

I used your suggestion and soldered an old bit on a brass tube and made two small holes at the end of the phenolic tubes, works great now.

I am having better luck with the covering holding. Both wings have the basic colors on them. I will start the graphics after the fuse is covered. I have been taking pics but I am saving them until I near the end to put the complete process up.

I hope you do get the wings sheeted and catch up;)

I like this attachment too, I will be using it on the Viper when I start building it after this kit is done. I have been thinking about buying an EMHW 2.15M Ultimate kit to build next winter.

I'm glad that the tube and drill bit worked out for you, I'm looking forward to seeing your plane covered. Did you buy graphics or make them yourself?

Spats

100cc
I like this attachment too, I will be using it on the Viper when I start building it after this kit is done. I have been thinking about buying an EMHW 2.15M Ultimate kit to build next winter.

I'm glad that the tube and drill bit worked out for you, I'm looking forward to seeing your plane covered. Did you buy graphics or make them yourself?

Both on the graphics. I worked with Eric today at B and E. to make a couple things but I am trying some basic creative stuff myself to go with it.

Oh and I will be following the Ultimate build!

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
Man that looks good, I might have to think about the counter balance on the wings too. You did an excellent job on your build.

Spats

100cc
Man that looks good, I might have to think about the counter balance on the wings too. You did an excellent job on your build.

Thank you

If I did it again I don't think I would do the counter balance on the wings. I think it might have been a lot of work for little in return. It does look good.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Thank you
If I did it again I don't think I would do the counter balance on the wings. I think it might have been a lot of work for little in return. It does look good.

I did it once on my first giant scale scratch build. Pretty much just looks cool.