• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick 540 Build Thread

Spats

100cc
Very nice Spats. That's a good weight also.

Thank you sir. I am super happy with the weight. I really thought I had some weight penalties with some of my extra work. The kit is excellent. I really enjoyed building it in fact I am a little sad it's finished. I may have to start another Fibertech plane soon;)

Spats

100cc
Spats..we would be happy to set you up with another.
You sound like me. I love to build also.

Seriously, I may just do that. The Slick is in the trailer waiting for tomorrow and I am sitting here with nothing to do in my garage! Being partly retired I need something to do with the other 6 hours in a day, I already fly 3 days a week. I wish I knew someone who wanted one built. I would make a hell of a deal just to do it again. It wouldn't take as long to do another, now I know the plane inside and out.

Spats

100cc
First flight was perfect. Needed 3 clicks of up trim and 1 click right aileron. I kept it very mellow with the new engine. A friend got some video of the maiden flight when he gets it up I'll post it. On the second flight I put it to the test to see what it could do. It's like flying a giant foamy.
The GP 123 pulls it out of a hover vertical faster than any other plane I have flown. It really only needs a 100cc. Waterfalls are so easy even I look like a pro.:dancing-chicken: I think it may be the most fun plane I have ever flown. Nothing like an ARF. Tomorrow I am going to really put some time into flying it and see what coupling it may need. I have the balance on center right now and it feels nose heavy under power and tail heavy when I slow down. Same as Terry's plane. I may do some experimenting with the balance this week at the field when I have it all to myself. I wish I didn't wait so long to build this plane. It is everything and more everyone told me. At least that's my opinion of it. Looking forward to flying it at Nall.

Attachments

• 20150404_085552.jpg
    20150404_085552.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 322
  • 20150404_085559.jpg
    20150404_085559.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 287
  • 20150404_085635.jpg
    20150404_085635.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 325
  • 20150404_090232.jpg
    20150404_090232.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 375

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
First flight was perfect. Needed 3 clicks of up trim and 1 click right aileron. I kept it very mellow with the new engine. A friend got some video of the maiden flight when he gets it up I'll post it. On the second flight I put it to the test to see what it could do. It's like flying a giant foamy.
The GP 123 pulls it out of a hover vertical faster than any other plane I have flown. It really only needs a 100cc. Waterfalls are so easy even I look like a pro.:dancing-chicken: I think it may be the most fun plane I have ever flown. Nothing like an ARF. Tomorrow I am going to really put some time into flying it and see what coupling it may need. I have the balance on center right now and it feels nose heavy under power and tail heavy when I slow down. Same as Terry's plane. I may do some experimenting with the balance this week at the field when I have it all to myself. I wish I didn't wait so long to build this plane. It is everything and more everyone told me. At least that's my opinion of it. Looking forward to flying it at Nall.

That is awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing the video.