• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Field equipment: Refueling bottle setup

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
orthobird;18619 wrote: jetpainter, can you believe, my DA 170 with MTW re3 pipes consumes about 4 ounces per minute.

each flight is 10 to 12 minutes long.

if i fly her 3 times, it is almost 120 ounces, which is like 1 gallon of fuel!!!

one day, i went out and flew her 9 times, getting ready for a competition, by the end of the day, i consumed 3 gallons of gasoline!!!

Just imagine what that would cost in glow, ouch.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
orthobird;18631 wrote: LOL!!! tell me about it!!!

i am so glad i am no longer a glow pilot!!!

:shaking-hands-smile

I will always have a glow plane in my hanger as long as YS stays in the game. Why wont they offer up a gasser!!??

I would be:tickled_pink:.

49dimes;18719 wrote: I will always have a glow plane in my hanger as long as YS stays in the game. Why wont they offer up a gasser!!??

I would be:tickled_pink:.

that is one pretty engine: http://www.ysengines.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/DZ185.png?6526ee

i have a friend that has one, i am not to familiar with them. he says it is supercharged or something???

he has been having a hard time keeping the prop from loosening. i will ask him if he has figured it out.

he has even tried pinning the prop to the hub, but it still breaks off....

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hi Ortho...

Tell your friend to contact Central Hobbies. They have a LARGE prop hub for gas type props.

18909=12582-Photo180.jpg
18909=12582-Photo180.jpg

Wacobipe

100cc
I finally got around to making a decision and ordering the parts. After much agony over the price of the Secraft pump I finally decided to give it a shot as it seemed like the nicest setup. I have this recurring theme with all things Secraft where I struggle with the high cost before I order, and then when the parts arrive they are so nice I wonder why I worried. The fuel pump and bottle cap in this case are no exception! Awesome high quality product.

The pump calls for a 3s LiPo (11.1v), I can't wrap my head around the idea of strapping a explosive device to the side of a fuel tank so I decided to go with a 3s LiFe (9.9v) battery instead just because I am more comfortable election eliminating the risk of a LiPo meltdown... I don't want to feel like I need to storage discharge the battery after every trip to the field...and the LiFe requires no such treatment. I plan to fly Friday which will be my first chance to try it out!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg