• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Firewall paint, Rustoleum Hammered??

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Has anyone used Rustoleum Hammered silver spray paint for a firewall before? Everything has been sealed up with epoxy and sanded so I just need a nice top-coat for it.

Thanks!
Bart

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Bart that will work. I used the Rustoleum Textured. Also use primer first, it will take less of the hammered to cover.

I prefer not to use any of that stuff, unless it is in a hatch. A light coat of grey primer, and a uber light coat of make it stone.

Just be sparing with the spray, otherwise, you will add some unnecessary weight. Unless you need it for ballast. :)

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
too late! did a coat of silver rustoleum over the epoxy and then enough of the hammered silver to cover and have a consistent textured look

IMG_7550.JPG

those globs of epoxy were in there from the factory, I probably should have carved them out.