• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

First Gasser Maiden!!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So this past December I bought a used 3DHS 89" AJ Slick. (Some of you might recognize this plane, you might have owned it in a past life. :)) With the help of @tylerzx9r and @N-O-V8-R we did a few minor repairs and got it all set up with my transmitter over the winter.

So this past weekend we FINALLY had some beautiful weather in which we could all go out, tune the engine and for me to maiden my first big bird.

I have never been so nervous and anxious for anything. All I could think was "don't turn this plane into a pile of sticks on the landing." Add to the fact that this was my first non-foamie but I haven't flown a plane since last September.

Needless to say, I took it up, flew around a bit and made a pretty decent landing for my first attempt. I was so pumped and it was high fives all around. My adrenaline was flowing and it was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life. I'm definitely hooked and can't wait to go back out and keep learning and getting more comfortable.

I told @tylerzx9r and @N-O-V8-R that day and I still believe. It was 10% my skill, 10% great flying plane and 80% them on each side of me coaching me through the whole experience. They are incredible teachers. It was great to experience the whole thing with good friends. It was a life long memory.

View attachment 14373
Once the needle goes in and the drug starts flowing, you will never be able to revert back. Welcome to the "Addiction Zone". Long distance high five for ya.
gimme-five-smiley-emoticon.gif

thurmma

150cc
Congrats on the maiden. I would say sorry to drag you into this addiction, but I can't, it is just way to much fun. 4 years ago all I flew was glow. Once I got my first gasser, the thrill of the glow, other than the smell :), was gone. Just something about throwing a gasser in the air that soothes the soul. As stangflyer said, "welcome to the addiction!"

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
So this past December I bought a used 3DHS 89" AJ Slick. (Some of you might recognize this plane, you might have owned it in a past life. :)) With the help of @tylerzx9r and @N-O-V8-R we did a few minor repairs and got it all set up with my transmitter over the winter.

So this past weekend we FINALLY had some beautiful weather in which we could all go out, tune the engine and for me to maiden my first big bird.

I have never been so nervous and anxious for anything. All I could think was "don't turn this plane into a pile of sticks on the landing." Add to the fact that this was my first non-foamie but I haven't flown a plane since last September.

Needless to say, I took it up, flew around a bit and made a pretty decent landing for my first attempt. I was so pumped and it was high fives all around. My adrenaline was flowing and it was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life. I'm definitely hooked and can't wait to go back out and keep learning and getting more comfortable.

I told @tylerzx9r and @N-O-V8-R that day and I still believe. It was 10% my skill, 10% great flying plane and 80% them on each side of me coaching me through the whole experience. They are incredible teachers. It was great to experience the whole thing with good friends. It was a life long memory.

View attachment 14373

Hey!! That's my old plane!! Before I sold it to jake before he sold it to Randy! That thing is a pussycat to fly and can get crazy as well. That is the first plane I ever hovered close enough to almost blow my cap off, talk about a rush. Matter of fact the rudder has two small fractures that happened harrier landing at nigh at a huckfest at your fly field!

Here is Jake making me feel like a loser after selling him my plane (your plane) at your field:

Last edited: