• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Fly Models ARF's - your opinion???

tailskid

70cc twin V2
The plane I am assembling is VERY similar looking to a lot of other ARF's being offered....one factory putting different names on the same plane? I have the Fly Models Sbach 300 and have noticed some differences from the Redwing version that I see being 'blog'ed on another site.

Just wondering what you think of this series of planes - I love the price, but.......................do you get what you pay for?

Jerry

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
tailskid;6536 wrote: The plane I am assembling is VERY similar looking to a lot of other ARF's being offered....one factory putting different names on the same plane? I have the Fly Models Sbach 300 and have noticed some differences from the Redwing version that I see being 'blog'ed on another site.

Just wondering what you think of this series of planes - I love the price, but.......................do you get what you pay for?

Jerry

From what little I have dealt with china arf factory's there are some company's selling the same product..fly model makes for several vendors.

The difference is what retailer you buy from. The better vendor will refine/pay more for thethe design enough to make it better quality.

Then let's say a large volume low quality type business may sell the same airplane with lower QA and components,ect.

The factory will provide what the re seller ask simply as that. You don't ask for quality and do your legwork they can give you junk:)

IFLYJR

50cc
I have the Yak 55sp 50cc. So far so good 6 flights. Weighs 15.11 lbs with 60 cc single. Only time will tell.

Tim

emtp275

100cc
I have the extra 300 50cc in the works now, I have had to do some fine work here and there to get things to fit but other wise the covering is flawless and there was not skimping on the glue joints that I can tell, As far as the comment above goes I really think putting "junk" and nothing more is useless, if you feel that way about a product tell us why, what's your reason? Have you built one or do you have any knowledge on the current subject or are you just trying to increase your number of post here? Sorry Rant over.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
There is an old adage, "you get what you pay for". Though a decent airframe can be had fairly inexpensively, the over all longevity and reliability can not be beat with a more reputable company.

Fishhook2670

70cc twin V2
There is no doubt that the major companies planes are more true. They will normally fly better, balance a little better, fit better, Your ability to fly has a lot to do with what arf is better for you. One big factor in a plane is what you can afford to spend. If you buy a high dollar plane and are scared to fly it because it cost so much you should buy a cheaper model. Anyone may crash a plane any day, but if happens often quality may not be your best buy. I have owned and flown every brand I think they build. But it does not help to ask about what people think of it after you buy it. Be happy with your purchase, if it was a mistake don't make it the next time. Ask that question before you buy! There is a difference.

IFLYJR

50cc
Here's mine. So far I am pleased with model. I wanted to see how inexpensive I could get into a 50cc plane and how well it would preform. This is what I have in mine. Plane has a few things I did not like but all cosmetic.

Plane 350
Engine 200
Servos 200
Prop 30
Batterys 30

Total 810 not bad for 50 cc plane All items were New

So far everything preforms well Like I said before only time will tell. Had mine since Aug.

Tim

Attachments

• 20141123_132627.jpg
    20141123_132627.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 20141123_125902.jpg
    20141123_125902.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I just call this the "Asian" Edge....Very same plane offered by Flight Model, Peak Model, SDS, Aero Beez and probably others.
Once I cut the wing tips off it became a great flyer!

Snapshot 2 (12-13-2014 11-58 PM).png
Photo200.jpg