• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

fuel ratio between differant size engines

TXCranedriver

New to GSN!
So I have an old hand me down 50cc DLE 55 that I run 50:1 in and brand new DLE 61 that I run 30:1 in right now. My question is once I get the DLE 61 broke in can I run 50:1 in it too with out messing it up. I would like to use one gas can for my fuel.

I'm certainly no expert myself but all my rc motors, pressure washer, little generator, and misc. lawn equipment all run on the same 40:1 fuel. I've always used a good synthetic and have not had any issues.

cmflyboy

30cc
Quite a few people believe, the more oil, the better. In actuality, if there is too much oil mixed, the extra oil can and will gunk up the inner parts especially 2 stroke engines with rings, causes them to stick and do more damage to the cylinder. I operated outboard engines, ultralight engines, chainsaw, weed Wacker's and RC engines.
No matter which engine, I follow the manufacturing recommendations.
80/90 fresh non ethonal gas is the way to go for good performance.

cmflyboy

30cc
2 oz of marvel mystery oil to 6 gallons of mixed fuel, keeps an engine gunk free. My personal preference from years of experience. I know there are many products that claim to do wonders, but Marvel is my choice.

cmflyboy

30cc
I also believe a 40:1 ratio is perfect, not too much of either gas or oil.
I know someone who ran a 100:0 ratio in an outboard. Not good results! LOL My x brother n law thought he knew it all! HAHAHAH!