• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Futaba 14SG

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm assuming there'll be a GPS module for it at some point. I could be wrong.

Gyro we have an address, lol. 80 Model Airport Rd. Burgettstown, PA. There's a 50cc extra in there somewhere with an AR8000 and a spektrum telemetry module in it. No GPS though. We've all searched high and low for it for almost a year and there's no trace of it.

Aliens.... they love the 50cc models! :p

Aerosi

30cc
I was planning on an 8fg but this may be a good replacement.

+1.

I was strongly leaning towards the 8FG before I found out about this one, but I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up the 14SG instead. It addresses just about every "con" I had about my upgrade to Futaba and the 8FG...although I'll have to deal with a decent jump in price. Since I don't already have the 8FG, its worth it IMO...:thumbup:

I think l am going to get one of these too. I really like my 8fg but the 14sg is the radio l was looking for when l got the 8fg. Can't wait.

Vintauri

50cc
I'm hoping to pick one up as well. I got my hands on it at JR Indoor and it feels better then my 8FG. There is more room between the switches, a larger batt, and the telemetry will be a big bonus over my 8FG.

Aerosi

30cc
That's awesome that you got to handle one, and great feedback! I know there was speculation that it is essentially the same case as the 8FG, but I really liked the way that one felt anyway (one of its selling points for me), so that wasn't a deterrent for me. I read about the switch placement on the website, so I was curious about the physical differences next to the 8FG.

Can't wait to pick mine up! I didn't pre-order, and I read that the first batch is already sold out by now :mad: I can't imagine Futaba would have a limited supply for the holiday's...In all cases, I'll get one when I get one. I'm definitely not the type to stand in line for a week to get the first iPhone, so it won't be too life-changing if I don't get one until Jan....

A

abobo808813

F1675.jpg Heres the GPS

I am currently using a 10CHP has my primary radio. I will fondle the 14SG when it comes out before pulling the trigger. But it does look like the radio that will be around for a while. Atleast until they change bands again.