• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Futaba 18SZ

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I've seen people saying that using coupons + offers that they are getting dow into the low $900's with free shipping. Hard to beat that!!

I fly and model with the local Futaba rep here. I will have this and the new receiver before Christmas:big-grin:.

Judge

70cc twin V2
I've got about a dozen flights on mine so far. I am really liking it. The transmitter feels great in my hands (10 ounces lighter than the 18MZ).

As far as "servo matching", it is just like the 18MZ that regard. Each servo can be assigned to its own channel. You can set the center and end points for each channel. Then you can then use a 17-point curve in the AFR menu for each channel to fine tune each servo. The 18SZ programming is nearly identical to the 18MZ. The menus are laid out differently due to the different size of the screen, but that is really not a big deal.

Judge

70cc twin V2
If your geometry is pretty close I have rarely found a need to do more than centers and endpoints. You're not spending a lot of time in between at any given deflection so I have not really worried about the in between much.

Decided it was time to try something newer and placed my order for an 18sza. With Tower's coupon it was only $930 shipped. Looking forward to getting my fleet loaded up on it and trying it out.