• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Futaba 8FG Dual Rate question

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Hopefully someone can help me with this. My 8FG supports 5 rates/conditions but to be honest I have only use 3. Obviously there are only switches with 3 position switches on this radio so how do you use rate 4 and 5? Say switch A has three rates and B has two. Is position 1 on switch B an off position and when you flip position 2 or 3 on switch B is then goes to either 4 or 5, then switching to position 1 (off) the what ever position switch A is in is now active?

I have a headache :bi_polo: but thanks for your help

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Why someone would need 5 rate positions is beyond me, maybe perhaps for different aspects of flight? High speed snap rolls for one, need full aileron, but not nearly as much elevator or rudder.

As I recall you can assign a specific switch position to each rate setting, so you can assign any of the 3 position switches to the first 3 of rates, then assign the 2 position switch to rates 4 and 5. If you need more help I can always grab my 8FGS (same radio basically) and go through it step by step.

dp2826

50cc
I agree with xpress. Not sure why anyone would want 5 rates. I have 3 setup on my radio and only use high rate. Were you really wanting something like that or just curious about it?

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Well that is why I don't know how to use it. :) I have been asked so it got me wondering and I realised I don't have a clue.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

It's probably no help but here is what I did to try and get away from the carbon wing tube. I went down through and past it, remember it is only the exposed ends you have to worry about and I went aft away from the tube

12978=6008-Region capture 8.jpg
12978=6008-Region capture 8.jpg

Hmmm.... Yeah it does have option for five rates. Im not exactly sure how that would work. I always set-up 3 rates like you said.

DougV

New to GSN!
Ohio AV8TOR;11118 wrote: Hopefully someone can help me with this. My 8FG supports 5 rates/conditions but to be honest I have only use 3. Obviously there are only switches with 3 position switches on this radio so how do you use rate 4 and 5? Say switch A has three rates and B has two. Is position 1 on switch B an off position and when you flip position 2 or 3 on switch B is then goes to either 4 or 5, then switching to position 1 (off) the what ever position switch A is in is now active?

I have a headache :bi_polo: but thanks for your help

On my airplanes I only use 3 but on Helis I use 4. Three position switch for Normal, Idle-up1 and Idle-up2, then on a 2 position switch I use for Hold/Autos.

-Doug