• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gasser Throttle Servo, What Do You Like?

Turns out I have 6 5945s and a 5965. One of the 5945's is so old, I don't think it's programmable.

The 5965 tested out OK but needs a new servo case since 2 of the 4 screw mounts are busted from a crash. It's a whopping $7 from Tower Hobbies.

bbblue

30cc
Throttle is directional control.

So as per EF suggestion: "Dont skimp on servos''. A fast (0,12-),accurate (digital) and reliable sevo is a must IMHO.

Good linkage geometry should not be overlooked aswell.

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
I use Spectrum 6150's for my Throttle servos and never had an issue

They are HV servos with OK speed and torque @HV for throttle and the price is pretty reasonable.

Bearing: Dual
Bushing Or Bearing: Bearing
Gear Type: Metal
Motor Type: 5-pole ferrite
Servo Type: Digital
Servo Voltage: 4.8–8.4V (High Voltage)
Speed: 0.17 sec/60º @ 6.0V; 0.12 sec/60º @ 8.4V
Torque: 140 oz-in (10.1 kg-cm) @ 6.0V; 180 oz-in (13.0 kg-cm) @ 8.4V

Price $36.99

I use Spectrum 6150's for my Throttle servos and never had an issue

They are HV servos with OK speed and torque @HV for throttle and the price is pretty reasonable.

Bearing: Dual
Bushing Or Bearing: Bearing
Gear Type: Metal
Motor Type: 5-pole ferrite
Servo Type: Digital
Servo Voltage: 4.8–8.4V (High Voltage)
Speed: 0.17 sec/60º @ 6.0V; 0.12 sec/60º @ 8.4V
Torque: 140 oz-in (10.1 kg-cm) @ 6.0V; 180 oz-in (13.0 kg-cm) @ 8.4V

Price $36.99

Thats not a bad deal there! Better priced than anything else I use. And I have used many servos for throttle. I've gone as far as a JR 8911 HV, only in diagnosing a throttle issue. But yes, I did fly it with that servo installed. Made no difference. But I knew there was a $150 servo in there vs an $85 servo.

nebwake

70cc twin V2
I along with a ton of other folks like to run hitec 5665 or 5625. They are fast enough, good quality and sub $40 if you find them at the right place.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Had constant idling issues with an older Hitec, switched to a Savox 2270 and the problem went away.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
We've had lots of guys running our HS-7955TG servo on their 1/5 scale gasser cars, would work excellent in an airplane application too. I'm running one on the throttle of my DA120. Haven't had anybody complain about not having enough torque or precise centering, seems to work excellent.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Had a small handful of old hitec 101 mini servos, I'm down to my last few but that's what I use. The new Challenger has all new HV MKS servos but even there I've got a mini on the throttle.
The concept of standardizing across airframes makes sense to keep spares simple but for those starting out it's good to point out that the throttle servo doesn't have to be fancy or expensive. The right linkages are more important.

Last edited: