• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Generators?

Simon

30cc
Meeeeeeeeeeee I love my little Kipor
Its over 14 years old now and gets used way to much really for charging my plane packs
its never had a plug/pull cord and last year at the Nationals it started to play up running the caravan but kept going just not sweet like it had been
turns out it was the fuel pump,when reading the tec it should be changed every 2 years lol and had done 13 years so very good in my book
yes Honda are good as have a EU20i as well but unless I am flying the 100/150cc I always grab the Kipor
you can buy 4+ Kipor,s for the price of 1 Honda
how many years do you think you will need a generator for and do the maths ;-/

For 3 years I have used a harbor freight 800W generator. If I set it on the other side of my trailer where people are not at you can just barely hear it. A month ago my current employer gave me a 2000W Honda. So now I have to decide what generator I want in my trailer now. The Honda is a great generator but the smaller one is just that, smaller and does everything I need. But I may change a few things in my trailer and may need more power. time will tell.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I have the Ryobi 2000 watt generator as well and have been very pleased with it. I wish it came with the cap to make it extended run as it will only last for about 4-5 hrs when I use it to run a small portable a/c for sleeping in a tent. That can easily be changed though and one rigged up so that it will basically run for days at full power.

I know a few other guys who have this generator as well and they have used theirs more than mine and have been pleased as well. I think for the price you can't really beat it. One of the guys uses his to power his 42 ft camper (except a/c then he uses a bigger 5k generator) but it will run everything else just fine and last all night long.

thurmma

150cc
When I go to an event for more than a day I just take my generator from the house. It is way overkill and a little louder, but at 5500W I can power anyone that needs it. It is bigger, but I just put it in the front of the trailer and I set it in front of my truck and run my 3 way extension chord to where I need power. It will run all day and then some like clock work, unless you forget to put stabile in the tank for the winter :( Then you end up with crap in the bowl and have to drain it before it will start :)

flycanic

70cc twin V2
IMG_2934.JPG When I go to the fly in's, where I am known. People that need electricity Like my set up I can supply power for everyone. The trailer in the photo is a friends from Billings. Which was one of many I was supplying power for. Trailer had AC sound system microwave etc.

IMG_2931.JPG

Plus 1 on the Ryobi.....I have one as a backup to my Toyhaulers Onan......While it wont run the AC....it will run everything else. It is only a little bit louder than a comparable Honda and is just as reliable so far.....

CB

Rooman

30cc
Down in Mexico for nearly 2 months on a tripple generator major inspection, project has expanded into all sorts of extra work
Any news on a BIG BOY fly in at Doc's this spring ?