• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Geometry and Elevator throw error

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
quadracer said
If one half isn't flush, then your linkage geometry is off slightly. Try subtrimming that channel to even it up, and adjust your endpoint on the other side to match it.
winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
tailskid said both arms are vertical and both elevator connections are in the same location...

In neutral, both halves line up perfectly, 
There are a couple of rules I try to adhere to when setting up as you are.

Although this first one doesn't apply to your situation, I'll mention it for the sake of being complete.A lot of flyers  make sure the servo arm is 90° to the case when setting up.In reality, make sure the arm is parallel to the hinge line.Not all servo pockets are 90° to the hinge line. Match the elevator halves to each other regardless of where the counter balances are, or what they look like.Level the plane, then level each elevator half, hopefully with a deflection meter on each half.Sometimes the counter balances are not what they appear to be. Are your control arm attachment points over the hinge line, or do they at least match each other? A quick Google search brought up a boat load of solutions too. Good luckBob 

ryan_m

100cc
Just curious why you are using a matchbox with your 9303? You can plug them both directly into the rx, and use the Mate function in the device select menu instead to mate the 2nd elevator channel to the elevator channel. I've never used a matchbox on my 9303 or 9503, just used the mate function.... 

tailskid

70cc twin V2
ryan_m said
Just curious why you are using a matchbox with your 9303? You can plug them both directly into the rx, and use the Mate function in the device select menu instead to mate the 2nd elevator channel to the elevator channel. I've never used a matchbox on my 9303 or 9503, just used the mate function.... 
I'm using a matchbox because that was the last thing I did when trying to figure why my servos were not working - found out it was my battery! I may try that...not nothing else to lose:)

Test flight went 'sort-of' well....I felt it was tail heavy another said it was nose heavy......one thing is for sure - it is touchy in my hands whereas the gentleman who flew it and said it was nose heavy flew like it was on rails....GOT TO ADD more expo for me:)
IMG_8731.JPG

IMG_8748.JPG

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
tailskid said
ryan_m said

I'm using a matchbox because that was the last thing I did when trying to figure why my servos were not working - found out it was my battery! I may try that...not nothing else to lose:)

Test flight went 'sort-of' well....I felt it was tail heavy another said it was nose heavy......one thing is for sure - it is touchy in my hands whereas the gentleman who flew it and said it was nose heavy flew like it was on rails....GOT TO ADD more expo for me:)
IMG_8731.JPG

IMG_8748.JPG

Congrats Jerry.... Good looking plane.
winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif