• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Got My Hands On Two TH/RCF Models

AKfreak

150cc
[
15614974056_5dc8a935f5_b.jpg

Here is a super cool C Factory Edge 540 depron model. Not to many Depron models from these guys.

Also I got a Misprinted Crack Laser. Once in a while, the factory prints the graphics off a little. To me that is kind of cool, and makes the plane kind of unique. Also the green is brighter Neon Green than my other Crack Laser. Anyways the Laser is my favorite foamy of all time, and I am proud to have a second one for backup.

15453114950_6341432605_b.jpg

Tom, that Edge looks like it will be really nice for calm outdoor conditions and especially for some indoor. Love the blue!!! Side area is huge and the surfaces look like they will more than do the job.

Are you going to build your mis-printed Crack Laser or save it until you need it... or keep it as a collectors item since it's a mis-print?

AKfreak

150cc
I haven't decided, when I got a chane to buy the mis-print I thought how Rare would that be to own. I do have a flying Laser now, so I thought I'd keep the mis-print as a backup just in case my flying one ever got destroyed, or if TH ever discontinued that model (God Forbid:)).

What I thought about doing with the edge is rip my Fancy Foam MX3 apart and use the TVVPP setup on it. The MX3 flys incredible, but it has left a bad taste win my mouth ( long story ).

I also got my hands on a Click NG (a green one) so my winter will be full of projects. I also plan to build some cases out of that pink or blue foam core to store my foam planes. I am starting to accumulate to many foam planes, and I need to find a way to store them so they don't get damaged. I may even sell some depending in how these new ones fly compared to the rest.

It's messed up the way foamy boxes take up so much space. And, the pink stuff is kinda expensive but agree that you need to do something...

Here is the foamy transport box so far. Securing the lid is all that's left and the plane is to use soft velcro straps from the top with some hard vecro on the sides. This will transport up to a 34" wing and up to 41" fuse length. Cost $12 in foam and $6 in gorilla glue. After gorilla, I did some hot melt reinforcements. Planes will be supported within the box with spare foam scraps that can be changed out to support different planes.

PB061094.JPG

PB061097.JPG