• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Saw on the another site a guy said a 20x10 was a bit too much. It wasn't hitting it's top end but swung it well. He suggested try sticking with a 20x8 or 20x9.
I remember when the DA35 and DLE35RA came out and everyone was eager to try a bigger prop than the DLE30 used so they all were saying use a 20x9, now everyone is saying use the 20x8. So I'd imagine a Falcon 20x9 CF would be a winner on the 38... I'm still using the 20x9CF on my DA35s and like it... with the 38 only being 3cc's more I'm sure it would be just great.
Did not have a 20-8 or 9 on hand and not trying to see powerful it is just cruising around and letting it break in. In time it will be leaned out and the propeller changed to see how hard it can be pushed. Just to hot right now and new. Sure you are correct on the size just have order one.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
In the process of fitting the engine into a new plane. Glad I made a cardboard template to see how all the holes and everything lines up. Had to make several small adjustments hoping to get everything to line and work.
This engine does leave a lot of space between the throttle, choke and the cutout for the engine and air inlet.

2BE4CD93-B8FD-4A9D-A97D-79F1FB2B6289.jpeg

OK guys if anyone has a GP38 and a DLE 35RA I am wanting to know if the GP has a higher vibration level than the DLE. I suspect so with the significantly higher power. Please share your running experiences

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I setup a GP 38 just the other day on a Valiant for a friend he had a 35RA The is smoother but not by much, it is actually hard so say but power wise no comparison