• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN GIVE-A-WAY Hangar 9 35% Extra 300X Assembly

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The exhaust looks good and I have to agree with the spinner size it all looks good. Well you should have it done by Christmas so that you can give it to your self. Then you are going have to look at it for a long time before you can fly it.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The exhaust looks good and I have to agree with the spinner size it all looks good. Well you should have it done by Christmas so that you can give it to your self. Then you are going have to look at it for a long time before you can fly it.
Parting with enough money to buy servos, arms, a PowerSafe receiver, batteries and everything else I need with Christmas coming is going to be tough.:face-palm:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I was checking out the wings tonight and found that the left wing has a big lump where the wing tube goes.:( The quality control issues are piling up.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
You would think with price that is being paid for the planes now days that the quality would be better.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Yep, getting like the cheapo ARFs. Something you would expect from General Hobby or the like for under five hundred bucks.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Thats no good. Pic? Trying to imagine where this lump is
I'll try and get a picture of it tonight. It runs the length of the wing tube socket on the bottom of the left wing. It makes me wonder just what they screwed up. Did they cut the tube hole in the foam core wrong? Did the glue for the tube socket expand and make the lump? There are supposed to be two carbon fiber spars in the wing as well, is one of them too high and they just sheeted over it?

Another thing that runs through my head is how many people had to have seen it before it got shipped. Whoever built the wing couldn't have missed it. Whoever covered it had to see it. You would think they have a quality control person that goes over them before they get boxed.:face-palm:

Last edited:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
hmmm. My AJ Laser had QC passed stamps on every part... My Extreme Flight Extra 300 had QC stickers on almost every part... what about H9????