• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC H9 CAP 232

If anything, use solder barbs on your brass nipples on the fuel tank. Then on your clevises, use fuel line to "clamp" the clevis together.

Also, make sure to use servo locks or heat shrink on your servo connections, that you are not able to plug/unplug.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i saw one of these for sale on craigslist today...always wanted one...maybe if the 73" Edge I've been working on doesn't live too long I'll join you with a 73" Cap!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The clevises are Sullivan and have the little metal safety clips, to be installed during final adjustments. Nothing has been centered or adjusted for final length, location or throw.

Receiver will be mounted to a plate with strain relief on the wires, extensions in the wing are heat shrinked and supported so they don't flop around in the wing, the receiver to ail. ext. gets secured when the wing is installed.

I have a tool that creates a bubble at the end of the metal tubing, and then I safety wire the connections. The bubble will pass through the stopper without damaging it if you ever want to replace the line.

I have had issues in the past with barbs.

Thanks

It looks like to me, (being your first gasser) that you're doing a clean and k.i.s. installation. Thumbs up. The only thing I would have mentioned is exactly what Bunky said. However, you clarified it with your reply. I've used those Sullivan "Golden Rod" clevises with the safety locks on many planes in the past. They work great in their place. Obviously with my big birds I don't. On my 50cc'ers, I use the same Titanium control rods with Dubro ball links as what I do with my larger models. If you're goal is IMAC, then you should be fine with the Sullivan clevises. They're pretty stout little dudes. Just don't get wild and crazy with them. If however you progress and decide you're going to do some weird and insane maneuvers, trash them and go with the "really" good stuff. It also looks as though your servo arms are the original arms that come with the Hitec servos. Not bad stuff for normal everyday flying. But truthfully, I would select a reasonably priced and good quality aluminum arm. But then again, if your primary focus is IMAC, you'll probably be ok. I just don't like using anything I can break easily with pliers. Only one other comment. If done correctly, a fuel barb is the best insurance policy you can buy. Just slipping a line over a bubble or even a fuel barb for that matter is usually not enough. Them pesky lines will leak if not properly secured. You mentioned you safety wire the lines. That is always a very smart thing to do to eliminate any possible leaks.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thank you
Nothing wild and crazy planned, this plane really wasn't designed for it, and I have found trying to push an airframe to do things it really doesn't want to do, usually results in bad things happening.

This is my intro to gasoline power, got a good deal, so I figured it was a good place to make mistakes.

I have had spinal and cancer surgery in the recent past. I was told I had a small chance I would be able to walk again, I needed to relearn things like walking, driving, writing and flying, so this is also my reward to myself for still being alive.

Then all I can say is: Fly that thing like you stole it! You apparently have been given a gift more precious than most of us will ever realize. That ole' saying, "you only live once" is more true the older and more feeble you get. Just to be able to be semi vertical, to take a breath and look at the morning sun are accomplishments in themselves. Don't hesitate beating the snot outta that thing. Enjoy "EVERY" second you have got.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
John,
Drop your location into your profile and it will display under your avatar. It'll be easier for local people to chime in and maybe meet up with you out on the flight line.
bart