• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

hangar 9 27% extra. the dumpster dive edition

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Total blackout is complete and ready to fly.
20150308_182734.jpg
20150308_182716.jpg

sproose_moose

New to GSN!
I would think more in terms of "what do I want to put on this plane, that I would like on something else". It's pretty widely known that this plane was mostly a turd for modern performance so I'm guessing you'll be looking for something better soon.

Just saying, that's how I would look at it.

My first 3D airplane, had a ZDZ 50 on it. Had to realign the wing and stab incidence, it was off on all 4 corners.. But, get it aligned right, glue the stabs to the fuse so they don't shake so bad, and keep it as light as absolutely possible, flies great! I learned to hover, harier, rolling harier, all the good sh/stuff with that plane!! Biggest problem was wing loading a bit heavy..

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
My first 3D airplane, had a ZDZ 50 on it. Had to realign the wing and stab incidence, it was off on all 4 corners.. But, get it aligned right, glue the stabs to the fuse so they don't shake so bad, and keep it as light as absolutely possible, flies great! I learned to hover, harier, rolling harier, all the good sh/stuff with that plane!! Biggest problem was wing loading a bit heavy..

:yesss: I almost had them convinced to make some larger wings for it to fix the wing loading. The thing is blistering fast and has a roll rate of about 1000 degrees / second!

I really enjoyed mine but I was a glorified circle flyer at the time and it was my first 50cc ARF. Had a ZDZ40 that gave me fits......probably user error looking back. Went to DLE55 with smoke (again before I knew better) and further increased the wing loading! After some time I sold mine to Tyler to give to his dad.

sproose_moose

New to GSN!
:yesss: I almost had them convinced to make some larger wings for it to fix the wing loading. The thing is blistering fast and has a roll rate of about 1000 degrees / second!

I really enjoyed mine but I was a glorified circle flyer at the time and it was my first 50cc ARF. Had a ZDZ40 that gave me fits......probably user error looking back. Went to DLE55 with smoke (again before I knew better) and further increased the wing loading! After some time I sold mine to Tyler to give to his dad.

seems like a lot of people had trouble with the ZDZ 40. I've had a 50 and two ZDZ 80s no problem, but Gary and Kim both had trouble with 40s