• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hangar 9 3.1M Sukhoi

3-D Flyer

New to GSN!
Got a smokin' deal on a D/A 170.

I have one of these awaiting assembly as well.

(Moving in a new home first) doing the RE3's as well...

In the mean time, gave the 170 a detail as it it was somewhat rough when it reached me...

2nd pic is the "before" shot. First is "after".

7839=2939-DA Before.jpg
7839=2939-DA Before.jpg
7839=2931-image.jpg
7839=2931-image.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I received my Sukhoi a month or 2 ago. It's still sitting in the boxes, I will get to it when I can. None the less, i love to read about them, happy to have found this thread.

David

Is everyone still using the stock wheels on their suk? I have was tuning my engine on the air frame this afternoon and noticed that my right wheel is starting to come apart already. The foam on the inside of the wheel is starting to show by the rim. One would think that you should at least get one flight on these sh$&&@ @$$ wheels. What is everyone else using?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
This is what I used on my SD 42% 260.

5" Dia. Treaded Lightweight Wheel #500TL. 500TL Tire Width 1.500 (38.10mm). Our NEW Large Scale Treaded Lightweight wheels are substantially lighter than other aircraft wheels available. These lightweight wheels feature a foam interior yet have a tough and rugged exterior skin for durability. Excellent for paved runways! Hubs come with 3/16 (5mm) axle dia. opening and can be drilled out to 1/4.

They are holding up exceedingly well and I plan to use them on my Sukhoi. I tend to set my pants a little higher than others, (about 1/4" to 1/2" higher) They seem to give better clearance and I don't constantly "snag" them on the grass. I would use White Rose, but I see no point in hiding such beauty behind a curtain no one can see.

parapup;9791 wrote: Is everyone still using the stock wheels on their suk? I have was tuning my engine on the air frame this afternoon and noticed that my right wheel is starting to come apart already. The foam on the inside of the wheel is starting to show by the rim. One would think that you should at least get one flight on these sh$&&@ @$$ wheels. What is everyone else using?
White rose, bling and strong

Super08

70cc twin V2
Frank99;10305 wrote: Not getting email from this site :chuncky:
Frank I ran into that as well. My email provider was filtering notifications from here as spam. I had it fixed.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
parapup;9791 wrote: Is everyone still using the stock wheels on their suk? I have was tuning my engine on the air frame this afternoon and noticed that my right wheel is starting to come apart already. The foam on the inside of the wheel is starting to show by the rim. One would think that you should at least get one flight on these sh$&&@ @$$ wheels. What is everyone else using?

Post #19, first item on list.